Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River, October 28th 2014  (Read 11759 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Chehalis River, October 28th 2014
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »

With all these rain, it is 'high' time to try the chehalis.  I thought of trying the canyon first but wait I'm here cause water's up...so... Okay start from bridge area. Surprisingly not many people there, and not many fish either.  I started venture downriver and came upon a small pool. I decided to give it a try. Not long after I started working the pool a take down!!!

Hmmm. That doesn't feel like coho, yap a chum.  Oh well still it's a fish. 
A few casts later another take down and its a...... CHUM
and more chum
and a few more!!!!

Argh. This is too much!!
And the next fish I decided I'll just force it in and if it pops off great! I don't have to try getting hook out of those sharp teeth filled chum mouth!

Surely enough leader snapped and the fish leaped out of water.... 

Intermission
#%^?#!
After a few choice words

That was a coho!!!  Man I so wanted to kick myself!!
I quickly retied and rebait then cast out...
And more casts.......
Finally float shaked, I quickly set the hook and yes!!! It's a roller it's a coho!!!
I proceed to land a few more and this is what I get to bring home today.

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Chehalis River, October 28th 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:48:45 AM »

That's a nice two-day limit. Well done. Sounds like you hit the run timing perfectly.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:15:46 AM »

That's a nice two-day limit. Well done. Sounds like you hit the run timing perfectly.
Chehalis River Coho Jul 01-Mar 31 4 hatchery marked fish per day.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »

nice fish bwibwi. it definately takes a bit of a hike to chase them down.

jordanc

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »

Nice Fish!

Dryfly22

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »

Nice chehalis river report. I guess i'll see EVERYONE there this weekend. Brutal.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 09:03:34 PM »

why? its not a secret spot...no less than vedder or stave or capilano or pitt or harrison or fraser or dewdney......................stop complaining like a little boy and go fish! like this  :)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:44 PM »

nice fish bwibwi. it definately takes a bit of a hike to chase them down.

Definitely, but worth the walk.   ;D

Dryfly22

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 09:51:07 PM »

Cool shot man. That sure gets me pumped to go fishing. I just don't understand the point of telling multiple people you don't even know that fishing is good somewhere. River's are already over crowded. All your report is going to accomplish is more people fishing the river you like to fish. So whats the point . So that you can post a picture of 4 dead fish . That's just not what it's about for me . And i guess I'm just a getting a Little frustrated that thats what its about to a lot of the guy's i see out there .

fish bonk

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »

Well said, that was the one river I always hiked to get away from the crowds. Now its just a gong show like the Vedder.  More surrey Richmond Burnaby people crowding your way soon!!!!!!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »

Definitely, but worth the walk.   ;D

You're finally allowed to go fishing?? ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »

Thanks to those heavy rain.   ;D ;D  Can't do much on the field.   ;)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »

Cool shot man. That sure gets me pumped to go fishing. I just don't understand the point of telling multiple people you don't even know that fishing is good somewhere. River's are already over crowded. All your report is going to accomplish is more people fishing the river you like to fish. So whats the point . So that you can post a picture of 4 dead fish . That's just not what it's about for me . And i guess I'm just a getting a Little frustrated that thats what its about to a lot of the guy's i see out there .

Couldn't agree with you more... Although the chehalis is no secret this report pputs this River at the front of people's minds and now alas, youll be fishing with 50 bottom bouncers next time.

The good thing is that it's a long drive to chase yesterday's report when we all know the fishing spots are limited, the walking and hiking often not worth it, and easy to get skunked if you don't hit the right water level.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 11:44:29 PM »

I could not agree with you more. However, it's never ever going to stop....just got to live with it.

Drewhill

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »

I probably should have worded it like this in my post on the heavy rains thread lol You're totally right.