Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Korkers Wading Boots Service  (Read 4032 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Korkers Wading Boots Service
« on: October 25, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »

Just want to let people know what excellent service I received from Korkers.

I bought a pair of Chrome Wading Boots in April last year. They were pricey at $240 plus tax but a local tackle shop recommended them over the lower dollar Korker boots

In the last couple of months I noticed the light weight plastic like mesh on the uppers was starting to split on both boots. Last week I called their customer service. As the warranty period was for one year I simply asked about any recommended repair. Mark the service rep asked me to send photos. Within a couple of days he replied that my boots would be replaced free of charge - not even any shipping cost , with the new Whitehorse boot. These arrived yesterday via Canada Post, no charges!

Korkers clearly stands behind their product. The boots are light and have the interchangeable omnitrax soles. The soles from my chromes fit the new boots plus I got a new set of both klingon rubber and standard felts.

Thank you Korkers & Mark!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

A Frayed Knot

Re: Korkers Wading Boots Service
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »

I've never heard of Korkers. Thanks Ralph I actually think I need to find a new pair of wading boots and waders, the ones I got now after hour 7 or 8 my toes start to get sore like the boots or the neoprene boots are to small.

Are your boots spiked or felt bottoms?
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Ry the fly guy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 07:42:54 PM »

Are your boots spiked or felt bottoms?

korkers boots have interchangeable soles and come with rubber and felt soles

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »

Thanks again. I may look to investing in a pair then. I just have standard felt boots, I always hated walking around, I felt like I was damaging the felt on em when I wasn't in the water.
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »

I just had to buy new boots because the no-slip soles of my second set of Korkers with replaceable soles wore out and for the second time the Korker model had changed and the replacement soles were no longer available.  No more Korkers for me.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:42:36 PM »

Oh well too bad. The post was about the service I received.

I bought the Chromes because of the interchangeable soles. Of all the boots I have owned none lasted more than a couple of years excepting Simms Guide Boots. They are very heavy and resoling them costs at least $50 if you can find someone who can do it properly. As far as I know Korkers has licked problems with earlier versions of the omnitrax soles and isn't likely to change the design.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 07:38:31 AM »

Thanks for the information on the Simms.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:42:49 AM by VAGAbond »

DRP79

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 07:56:01 AM »

I got a pair of Korkers 2 years ago now. I  still have them and they are still in relatively good shape minus the interchangeable soles. I could use a new set but when looking a few months back, I could not find them in Canada and the shipping was as much as the soles themselves. I really like the boots and would like to get replacement soles but the GF went out and bought me a pair of Simms guide boots for my birthday this summer. I have not worn those yet as I want to get every mile out of my Korkers, lol.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »

The soles with the Whitehorse boots are exactly the same as the soles that came with the Chromes. Just tried it out and they fit the same. If they change the design again I am not too worried as I now have 5 pairs of soles for one set of boots. I don't think the boot will last as long as the 5 sets of soles.

DRP79 I don't know when they changed the design but the current soles have back strap that slips over a button on the back of the shoe, as well as the 6 slot inserts plus the front bayonet fittings. I know both Michael and Young and Berrys carry the soles. M&Y did order me a pair last year and there was no shipping - I just paid  normal retail.

FWIW Simms makes the best boot. But Korkers are good and I have had good success with the omnitrax sole.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:07:36 AM by RalphH »

charles

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »

I am using a pair of Devil's canyon.  I really enjoy this pair of boots.  I was hiking through a muddy hill last week with only my felt soles and it was slippery.  I got them the hill slowly though I slipped on the flat ground also on mud as I wasn't paying attention on the mud.

So yesterday, I bought the vibcam soles with me.  And it was easy.  I went up and down the muddy hill with zero issue.  At the end of the day, I did not even pay much attention to the mud anymore.

Though don't use the vibcam on wet rocks.  Without metal studs, they are slippery.  I always bring my felt soles with me in case I have to go rock hopping and wading through rocky bottom...

Thumbs up on Korkers.