Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found Wading Boots Stave river  (Read 4106 times)

gonefishinguy

Found Wading Boots Stave river
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

I found a pair of wading boots On the Stave 2 days ago a few minutes down from the Dam on the main road. They may have been left behind by someone just wanting to get rid of them, as they look old, but I thought I would pick them up, make an account and post on here in hopes that I could return them to the rightful owner. Message me a description and we can arrange for them to be returned.

Cheers

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Found Wading Boots Stave river
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »

Great intentions but like you, the guy may not have an account or even watch the postings here. He could be out there right now wandering around scratching his head wondering why someone took his old boots. Probably wondering if someone had mistaken them for smoker quality Chum. When I see stuff like old boots or shoes - I leave them alone as the first place the owner is going to do is go back to where he knew he had them last.

Humpy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »

Another scenario could be that some random person decides he needs wader boots and takes them for himself. Chances are somebody will find them and take them for themselves before the owner comes back to find them. In that case, the op did the right thing to at least make an attempt to return them to the rightful owner. Good on you.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

mikeyman

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:59:59 PM »

I found a nice clean chum there in a rock pool behind a couple fisherman.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »

I found a nice clean chum there in a rock pool behind a couple fisherman.

Were there 2 other Chum in that pool? Did it say Hodgeman on the inside of the tongue?

gonefishinguy

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 06:25:33 PM »

Yeah looking back on it now I probably should have just left them there. I just didn't want somebody to run off with them. First thing that came to mind was " if these were my grandfathers wading boots what would I want somebody to do who found them." I figured because quite a few fishermen read these forums it may even pass by word of mouth back to the original person. No there aren't hodgeman boots. Oh well, I will keep checking this post and hope the owner finds them.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »

Put a note where you found it, saying boots found describe make and size with your number.

Guy fishing the Skeena lost his rod while up there.  Luckily the guys who picked them up left a note and the forums also helped.