Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inflatable boats on Fraser  (Read 2158 times)

Silver

Inflatable boats on Fraser
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »

I would like to buy a medium size boat for the Fraser to reach the boat access bars. I am apprehensive to invest into a dedicated river boat, such as aluminum inboard jet etc.

Would a Zodiac or high quality knock-off perform reasonably well? I have owned an Aquamarine before and it was surprisingly well constructed, and extremely stable. Stryker boats also seem to be similarity well built.

I would like to be able to use this boat alternatively for lake fishing is the main reason for the choice of inflatable.

I might also be able to buy an odd ball Zodiac with a new 20HP Yamaha. It has the oversize ocean tubes (so a bit overkill for lakes) and the soft bottom (so not great for the ocean) if I converted the outboard to jet...would this combination be alright for the Fraser?

Magz

Re: Inflatable boats on Fraser
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »

Me and my dad used fly around the fraser on his 10 ft titan zodiak style inflatable and it was good enough for us.i will say that there very uncomfortable for 2nd person to troll in lakes with though.if your by yourself there great.but that 2nd person up front gets all cramped up and no where fo legs to stretch or move.!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »

Buddy uses one on the Fraser with a small jet and is a great little rig.

Lyall

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »

Definitely. Very popular setup on the Skeena and tribs.

Will you want to trailer it or pack it up and inflate/deflate for each trip?

A 12' soft bottom (aluminum floor) with a small jet would be a sweet rig if you weren't trailering it, or wanted that option. If you are trailering and/or don't need the pack up option you could go up to a 14' with a 40 hp jet for more space.