Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 6th 2014  (Read 6303 times)

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, October 6th 2014
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

Aaron buddy !!

I wish I was there to see you do this. So out of character, just like the once or twice I've heard you swear LoL

We need to hit the flow in the coming weeks and catch up  :D

You still on holidays after the long weekend ? Looks like I'll be headed to afternoon shift for those 4 days and plan to fish

Hey bud! Yes, I'm off the week after the long weekend.  There's quite a bit of rain in the forecast, so that might give us some interesting options.  I'll send you a message on FB.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 10:39:40 PM »

20g?? No wonder your float doesn't sink... ;D I've been using 11g Pikers and that doesn't even get pulled down much, actually considering going down to the 6g tomorrow.

So - that's your secret!!!  I'm going to run out and buy some 11 g Pikers right now.  ;D  Actually, I do have some, but I'm also matching the weight to the water conditions and casting distance.  But your "suggestion" is intriguing.

I got to admit - I love fishing roe, just like I love chironomid fishing with indicators.  It is very addicting.  As for spinners, I only became successful with them last year using Colorado's under a float.  I guess I never really used them until recently.  Then there's the fly which is very fun as well.  But the roe "take" keeps me coming back for more.  Thanks in large part to Stratocaster's instruction on how to cure "coho crack".

bluenoser

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 06:54:26 AM »

Maybe Stratocaster should change his name to "Heisenberg"...is his roe blue?

BN

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »

I think the key is to start out with good roe in the first place.  Take care not to get blood on the skeins and wipe away any that do get on.  I also get the blood out of the veins of the skeins by cutting them and dabbing with a paper towel.

Sometimes the fish will take almost any roe, even store bought but during conditions like we are seeing now, attention to details may be the difference between hooking into a few coho or not hooking any at all.