Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette river trespassing?  (Read 18713 times)

Adamski76

Re: Alouette river trespassing?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 09:27:03 AM »

I have to first editorialize on this issue. Some folks complain that the regulations are often so complicated as to indecipherable. Well this particular reg is very clear yet here is a case where someone gets confused. Take your time and read the regs;

look at the regs for coho. There are 2

1) above 216th street there is no fishing for coho from April 1st to Aug 31st. It does not apply downstream of 216th street to the Pitt River.

Pretty simple

2) this one pertains to all the  river downstream of the fishing boundary signs at Allco Park.It clearly states you can keep a hatchery coho for the entire river downstream of those signs from Oct1st to Dec 31st.

Just as simple

So you want a chance to keep a coho you can do that anywhere downstream of the boundary described in 2) from Oct 1st till Dec 31st right down to the Pitt River.

BTW there are no adult coho in the river in the April 1 to Aug 31st and the river is closed to all fishing above 216th April 1 to July 31st.

One piece of advice - people who ask too many questions like this tend to get ignored. Try to work things out on your own.
Thanks for the clarification... makes sense and as to asking to many questions I don't think there is such thing no one should be ignored. We ask cause we want to learn and that's what these forums are educational tools people who don't ask questions and assume things tend to make mistakes thus sometimes having a negative impact on the fisheries and environment.

Adamski76

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »

I have to first editorialize on this issue. Some folks complain that the regulations are often so complicated as to indecipherable. Well this particular reg is very clear yet here is a case where someone gets confused. Take your time and read the regs;

look at the regs for coho. There are 2

1) above 216th street there is no fishing for coho from April 1st to Aug 31st. It does not apply downstream of 216th street to the Pitt River.

Pretty simple

2) this one pertains to all the river downstream of the fishing boundary signs at Allco Park.It clearly states you can keep a hatchery coho for the entire river downstream of those signs from Oct1st to Dec 31st.

Just as simple

So you want a chance to keep a coho you can do that anywhere downstream of the boundary described in 2) from Oct 1st till Dec 31st right down to the Pitt River.

BTW there are no adult coho in the river in the April 1 to Aug 31st and the river is closed to all fishing above 216th April 1 to July 31st.

One piece of advice - people who ask too many questions like this tend to get ignored. Try to work things out on your own.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »

Sorry, I am in true curmudgeon mode this morning.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.