Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bottom bouncing vedder.  (Read 22574 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: bottom bouncing vedder.
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 04:35:25 PM »

is it bad to fish with a pencil lead and a 1-2 foot leader? but no float?

no, it's not bad at all.  it's a standard/accepted technique usually with a spin n glo, bead and some wool or a hootchie....Only added roe that way a few times but it was successful for springs in particular....not the best for gin clear water though

preferred a slinky weight in 3/4 to 1 oz for most 'walking speed' flows.  I would snag up on the bottom less and it personally felt better.

a lot of people who don't understand that is/was a long established method of fishing. HaigBrown used something similar and use of a float is only becoming common south of the border lately.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

TacoChris

Re: bottom bouncing vedder.
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 01:41:53 AM »

Bottom bouncing is not flossing as long as the leader is a reasonable Length. You will get fish to bite that will not come up to a float presentation. Snagging is all about intent and the way one fishes.

I gave up fishing the Vedder years ago. Many just use a float for a decoration piece. I would rather fish the Fraser and floss for socks than the Vedder where many are just putting on a show.