Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bottom bouncing vedder.  (Read 22587 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: bottom bouncing vedder.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 11:57:18 AM »

If you approach people the right way 99% of the time they will listen and you may even convert some to fishing "properly". Pretty sure I converted two guys this year already after they watched me hitting fish while they got nothing  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

wizard

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »

bottom line is if you floss on fraser for sockeye or support flossing on fraser, then you're in favor of it on vedder and elsewhere cause it INEVITABLY carries over to other systems.
you yourself may floss for socks but not agree with it on vedder...but there are just as many flossers/snaggers who seem to think this is acceptable elsewhere.
yes, it is hypocritical for a fraser sockeye flosser to complain about it on other systems.

Drewhill

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »

Is it hypocritical? Yup ... Will you get bitched out if you do it on the Vedder? Yup ... life isn't always fair. Try bar fishing the middle of scale bar during peak sockeye season and see how that goes. Same deal, even though it's legal in a lot of places doesn't mean you should do it in all places.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »

bottom line is if you floss on Fraser for sockeye or support flossing on Fraser, then you're in favor of it on vedder and elsewhere cause it INEVITABLY carries over to other systems.
you yourself may floss for socks but not agree with it on vedder...but there are just as many flossers/snaggers who seem to think this is acceptable elsewhere.
yes, it is hypocritical for a fraser sockeye flosser to complain about it on other systems.
You have it completely right, if you (not this poster) are one that floss the Fraser for sockeye, you should not complain when you see it else where. We have now introduced a new type of angler, I use that term loosely, to the fishing community and unfortunately there now is too many of them, you may educate a few but they are here to stay so we just have to live with it and go somewhere they are not, like the ocean or the still water fishery.

It is also now driven by economics and greed, glad in a way I am 71 and will not have to observe TOW ing for that many years from earth anyway. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:46:51 PM by chris gadsden »

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 02:40:43 PM »

You have it completely right, if you (not this poster) are one that floss the Fraser for sockeye, you should not complain when you see it else where. We have now introduced a new type of angler, I use that term loosely, to the fishing community and unfortunately there now is too many of them, you may educate a few but they are here to stay so we just have to live with it and go somewhere they are not, like the ocean or the still water fishery.

Well then considering the fact that there were more people flossing in the last two months than I've ever seen river fishing any other way I guess its safe to say the Flossers are here to stay. And if people believe what Chris has written above I guess we won't have to put up with the, Holier than Thou attitudes nor listen to complaining about flossing Ever again.
As Chris said, ..........., you should not complain when you see it else where.

Glad to know we can put this baby to bed, Ahem.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 04:04:51 PM »

What size bouncing betty should I use on the Serpentine River?

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »

hey do you think this guy was flossing/snagging in this video? He was using pencil lead with like a 2-3ft leader without a float. He was also fishing in an area famous to idiot snaggers/flossers. AKA THE SLAB. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLD9DJxOR4U

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »

Just because one fishes an area that snaggers hang out does not mean he is a snagger. Nothing in the video to suggest he is a snagger or otherwise.

Humpy

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »

Notice the hook placement, doesn't seem like he snagged/flossed the fish.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

What size bouncing betty should I use on the Serpentine River?

I would suggest a 4 oz. just to make sure you get the right bounce.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »

I would suggest a 4 oz. just to make sure you get the right bounce.

...and anything shorter than 12 ft leader won't comply with the standards for that system...
and one last thing... make sure you set the hook at the end of the drift in case the fish is not biting hard enough!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »

OK I will try them tips.
Last time I found that 12 Oz bettys were too much and I would spend too much time trying to get it back out of the mud.
It also just kind of sat there and not much of a drift.
The good part was I got a couple Geese as they flew over on a bit of a high cast.
Thanks for the tips. ;)

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 10:33:58 PM »

You're welcome Firstlight !!! How did the geese taste ???

dave c

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »

Saw the bottom bouncer today and to my surprise he was short floating. Sadly no fish for him. Hope he sticks to it and doesn't go back to bb ing.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:24 AM »

hey do you think this guy was flossing/snagging in this video? He was using pencil lead with like a 2-3ft leader without a float. He was also fishing in an area famous to idiot snaggers/flossers. AKA THE SLAB. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLD9DJxOR4U

In the video Ken says that he hardly had any fishing action until he drove up all the way to the boundary near sleese creek - holy cow that's terrible if true - his report from just a few days ago. I thought there was more then enough rain.