Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting Spots in Region 2  (Read 6779 times)

stumpsjr

Hunting Spots in Region 2
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I just got through the door back from my first hunting trip up in Princeton. Had an awesome 4 days looking for bucks with my cousin and unfortunately had one in the sights early this morning, but couldn't get a clean shot off. The buck would have been my first, but now that I'm back home and still pretty amped up, I'm trying to figure out when I'll be able to get out again. I was hoping someone on here would be able to point me to some cool spots in Region 2, hopefully within 2 hours or so from Vancouver. I'd love to continue to hunt Princeton (beautiful country), but I'm out of vacation days and need somewhere close to home where I can possibly get two full days on the weekend and limit the driving. If I was interested in hunting Squamish, where would a good place to start be?

Cheers,
Cam

zap brannigan

Re: Hunting Spots in Region 2
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »

there are plenty of FSR in squampton that you can explore just be aware you cant discharge firearms withing city limits wich can be a few km's up a few of the roads. Some areas can be quite busy at times as well being only an hour or so away its close enough to explore and scout easily.

stumpsjr

Re: Hunting Spots in Region 2
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:20:04 PM »

I usually go shooting up mamquam, but if you keep on those roads, do you come across any decent slashes for bear or deer? I've also gone fishing up squamish valley road before  and taken the FSR up past the hydro dam and up the upper squamish (about 30km in), how is that area?