Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: September on the Vedder  (Read 3723 times)

kevzabob

September on the Vedder
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »

Just wondering what's best to use on the vedder
In September for lures, bait, etc

TheLostSockeye

Re: September on the Vedder
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »

Everything as usual. Spoons, spinners, roe. Might be hard catching anything with commercial out there wiping the river clean. this rain should have brought fish in

Robert_G

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:58:39 AM »

Honestly, as long as the commercial guys are destroying our salmon stocks this year, I'd hold off on the Vedder.

In 2010, the amount of commercial fishing was similar to this year and the by-catch of early Vedder coho, springs and spring jacks was extremely high. Myself and many others I talked to found the Vedder river to be basically void of fish until around Sept 15th that year..even then, it was closer to the 20-25th before it got back to normal. Just for your own notes though, years like last year when there was no commercial fishing, I was getting coho and lots of spring jacks including the large marble spring already by this date. But it won't happen this year.

KevinR

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:34:04 PM »

Honestly, as long as the commercial guys are destroying our salmon stocks this year, I'd hold off on the Vedder.

Really ???? Commercial fisherman make a living trying to feed there families and supply food to the masses . Once in 4 years they open the river for sockeye and you have the nuts to say there destroying our stocks ??!!I would have to say that the commercial fishery is far more important than a bunch of rec guys trying to catch fish for fun !! And i've been fishing theses rivers for 30 years and even i can see that .Give me a break .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:01:20 PM by Rodney »

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »

theres no problem on the vedder....me and my friends landed 3 jack springs a few rainbow/steelhead trout and lost a large spring all in the 5 hours we fished the lower just below the bridge. get out there and fish guys. oh yeah......all on short drifted pro cured roe.

Drewhill

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:41:36 PM »

Agree with Robert to an extent. Have noticed in good sockeye years the fishing doesn't get good till much later in the season. There's always a few kicking around but probably not worth the time for a while. Wouldn't say they are wiping out stocks though.

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

There are some early cohos and springs in the Vedder right now. With the rain from the weekend the early fish will just keep coming. Fished roe and blades on sunday with my buddy just above the canal and we hooked 2 cohos and a couple springs.