Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Possession limit and daily limit on Chinook and coho starting oct,7  (Read 1926 times)

aaron600

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region2-eng.html

So I'm thinking of doing some camping on the fresh water side of the Fraser River around October 7th and I'm trying to figure out my daily limit of Coho and Chinook salmon as well as my possession limit. If I'm reading the regulations correctly I'm aloud 4 chinook and 2 coho per day and double the daily limit for my possession which would make 12 Salmon total?

ride604

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region2-eng.html

So I'm thinking of doing some camping on the fresh water side of the Fraser River around October 7th and I'm trying to figure out my daily limit of Coho and Chinook salmon as well as my possession limit. If I'm reading the regulations correctly I'm aloud 4 chinook and 2 coho per day and double the daily limit for my possession which would make 12 Salmon total?

"The possession limit for salmon, from all waters, is twice the daily limit for that individual species. No person may have in their possession more than eight salmon in the aggregate, except at a place of ordinary residence (see definition on page 91)." P.2 Fresh Water Salmon Supplement

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:20:46 PM by ride604 »

penn

No . 2 day possession limit is 2 times 4 equals 8 , not 12 .  Of the Chinooks only one may be greater than 50 cms . The daily limit is 4 total, not 4 Chinooks plus 2 cohos . If you had 2 cohos you would only be able to retain one Chinook over 50 cms and one under . The aggregate is a combination of the possibilities for 4 per day max.

ride604

No . 2 day possession limit is 2 times 4 equals 8 , not 12 .  Of the Chinooks only one may be greater than 50 cms . The daily limit is 4 total, not 4 Chinooks plus 2 cohos . If you had 2 cohos you would only be able to retain one Chinook over 50 cms and one under . The aggregate is a combination of the possibilities for 4 per day max.

Penn is correct, "The aggregate daily limit (total daily limit) for all species of Pacific salmon from tidal and non-tidal waters combined is four." P.2 Fresh Water Salmon Supplement
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:22:36 PM by ride604 »

aaron600

Excellent. Thanks for the help guys! And that's 8 total per person with the proper fishing license?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:32:17 PM by aaron600 »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Excellent. Thanks for the help guys! And that's 8 total per person with the proper fishing license?

8 fish possession not daily limit.

TheLostSockeye

if You are fishing for cohos in the fraser they must be hatchery!!! Don't bonk wild fish.

aaron600

Yeah got it. 4 salmon per day. Total of 8 salmon in possession per person(per fishing lisence) and yes not 8 per day. Over a 3 day period of camping its still 8 salmon total for possession. Thanks for the help