Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plunking  (Read 1549 times)

Craig

Plunking
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:03:14 AM »

I want to do some fishing for coho with my daughter. I usually go to the Vedder and drift. The problem is my daughter doesn't like drift fishing, she likes lazy fishing and looking around at the sites.

I was thinking of finding a spot where she could plunk beside me as I drift fish. I have some sockeye roe. Would I just bag it and set her up around a foot off the bottom? Would a spin n glo work about as good? Other suggestions.

I don't see anyone doing it so I am guessing it isn't as productive but it is what she wants to do.
The spot I am thinking of, I can cast her downstream where nobody is drifting so it shouldn't be a problem right?

Craig

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Plunking
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »

This is done in the lower part of the Vedder River (canal) at times by a few older anglers but generally not often practiced due to space limitation. Some of the tailouts in the canal should be ok as they rarely get fished and coho do in fact hold in that water especially early in the morning.

swimmingwiththefishes

Re: Plunking
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:48:47 AM »

I've seen guys do this on the canal for steelhead. Of course when the season really gets going it could be tricky finding a spot where other anglers aren't around as Rodney mentioned but I'm sure you could find someplace.