Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SeaBird Island New Parking Regulations  (Read 3352 times)

lightsorcerer

• Leather Fly Fishing Wallets
SeaBird Island New Parking Regulations
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »

In the works are No Parking along Lougheed Hwy all along the whole stretch of SeaBird Island.
Spoke with Fern from the SeaBird Office yesterday,and it seems ( no surprise), the "bad apples" have made and are making a mess of their lands with large amounts of garbage left behind while fishing.
Sad but true.

Ps. I am just sharing this to all those who fish here so they will be aware of what is coming in this area in the near future .
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

TacoChris

Re: SeaBird Island New Parking Regulations
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »

I am sick of these idiots that leave garbage behind. It is not exclusive to the sockeye fishery I find garbage almost everywhere. Beautiful remote lakes with beer cans or tires sitting in the bottom. Bottle tops and cigarette butts littered all over the campsites. I think all the anglers that do not litter should be able to go over to these folks homes and dump garbage in the living rooms of those that do.

Yet another case of some ruining something for every one.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »

Good and there most likely be more to come. But as we all know signs mean nothing to the flossers!

jacked55

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »

If people really cared about using the location why not talk to the land owners and set up a clean up day to come down to the river and try and make some small ammends for the mess they created? even 10-25 people could make a huge difference. I always leave with pockets or a bag full of garbage but it always seem to be replenished.
This might go a little way into showing that not all anglers who use the river leave garbage behind and care about the environment.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »

Good and there most likely be more to come. But as we all know signs mean nothing to the flossers!

Easy to blame everything on flossers. Flossers aren't the only ones that litter.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:15 PM »

the worst litter bugs are at the Vancouver fireworks,lucky the city picks it up the next morning tons of it.

Carich980

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »

Didnt know they owned that section of the highway to put up no parking signs for the average joe taxpayers.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

I haven't been to Seabird this year but the littering was mostly at the river.  Not to excuse it but that is not native land.  They have only the little strip between the highway and the dry river channel according BC Gov maps.