Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Want help buying Jet Boat  (Read 29328 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: Want help buying Jet Boat
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/delta-surrey-langley/neid-river-jet-boat/1085047095?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one just came up on kijiji. The hull looks rock solid and I'm guessing is pricey and part of the reason why the seller is asking (IMO) a lot for a boat with an older motor that has not been started in 8 years! What the hell?! Emailed seller with questions.

Would ya'll be concerned about this motor? Okay if set up properly for storage after last use? What would ya'll ask or look for on a motor like this that has not been turned over in so long? I am not a huge engibe buff, but on my 4 stroke motors the manuals say to oil/fog the cyclinder before storgae so I've always done that. I'm pretty sure my 2-stroke motors (chain saw, weedeater) do not say anything about fogging the motor, just to run the motor dry (what I do) or add fuel stabilizer and leave gas in it.

Any thoughts on if this boat looks like a good-er?

kanuckle head

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »

Any luck on the Neid jet??

For a little more work getting, just outside of Portland & around the same coin
A 2008 G3 1860 CCJ DLX jet with many extras & around 50 hrs on the 90/65 yammy with a 9.9 kicker
I believe these retail 24000 USD

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/boa/5098088268.html

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2015, 07:32:28 AM »

Hey k/h thanks for that link! That is a solid looking setup!

Unfortunately not even going to look at Neid boat. Info from seller is that nothing was done to motor (8 years ago!) before it was put into storage. I feel the motor would be nothing but issues if it even starts at all!

We are leaaving on holidays in a week and will not be back until mid-August. Dude with the 16 foot Harbercraft in Terrace says he's no longer insterested in selling the boat and this was the one we were hoping we'd buy. Oh well! Gotta be patient. Ideally I'd like to see something like a Hewes 16 foot with a 90/65 or even 60/40 come up for sale, preferably in BC! Something 7-10 years old in the 15-17.5k range would be nice.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2015, 07:12:40 AM »

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/edmonton/16-harbercraft-falcon-jet/1091297449

This one just came up. Contacted seller. From what I can tell the boat is in great condition and is priced about right. Just got back from a long road trip holiday and the last thing I want to do is drive to Alberta to look at and hopefully from there buy a boat, but I like this boat a lot.

Any thoughts? I would prefer a 4 stroke outboard but I don't have a problem with the 2 stroke.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »

Anyone ever buy a boat from Alberta and bring back to BC? From what I read online not a big deal. Nothing like bringing a US boat back to BC!! Think I'll drop by my local ICBC office and double check if I've overlooked anything. Seems pretty straight forward.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

sg6804

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »

One thing from what i have seen being up in the prince george area and over into northern Alberta the jets up there are used hard and seem to be beat up on the bottoms as most rivers are skinny water   I went for a ride with a friend a few years back up there and we spent just as much time sliding across the rocks as we did in the water  so if you do go that route make sure you see the boat in person and look for bottom damage , check all the stringer welds for cracks , check the pump over for damge and inspect the intrenals of the pump.   My buddy also said that most guys up that way buy used boat from down here as they are in way better shape Just my 2 bits of info but if i was looking for a boat from up there
Pete

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2015, 09:52:43 PM »

Update! Emailed back and forth throughout the day with the seller. Guy ended up sending me about 35 pictures. Then had a good chat on the phone about the boat. All seems to check out. He's the original owner and seems to have kept very good care of the boat. We made him an offer we thought was fair and he accepted! ;D Unless some deal breaker comes up when we go to buy the boat (of course gonna go out for a test drive and so on) we will be coming back to Chilliwack with it. Kind of sucks the boat is near Edmonton but we have been looking for a boat like this for the right price for almost a year so we are jumping on this one.

Tomorrow when I have time I am going to research "buying a boat in Alberta and bringing back to BC" as well as stopping into an ICBC office and seeing what they have to say. Between the two I think I should get enough info and be fine.

If anyone has some words to the wise for buying a boat from Alberta and registering in BC I'm all ears :)