Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a nice fishing lake with a campground?  (Read 8160 times)

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: Looking for a nice fishing lake with a campground?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »

Vancouver is what I consider the Lower Mainland, but 4 hours from Chilliwack is doable. I was even considering Tunkwa Lake, how's their campsite?

One of my favourite lakes, caught my first fish out of it. Its a nice campsite but gets very windy and weather changes quick. Shore fishing the little bay in front of the camp is usually very successful, especially when other parts of the lake aren't fishing well. The guys at the resort are great and will hook you up. Small spoons, spinners, bait fishing and even fly fishing from shore is easy to do. Fish can be found hugging the shore and surfacing frequently in the bays. Thing is that they may be jumping a lot, but may not wanna bite. Once you find the right presentation its game on. Used to only make trips multiple times a year to fish from shore until about 2-3 years ago when I started bringing a boat. I think you can still rent one if you want. Trolling quickfish, flies and tipped wedding bands catches fish pretty easily. Average fish is about a pound or two and fight very very hard plus jump a lot. Biggest I have caught out of there was 8 pounds. June is usually when we make our first trip.

Humpy

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »

Great, I will most likely book with them in the next couple days.
Do you mind if I email you and ask you some questions?
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Old Blue

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »

Anderson is beautiful and the bugs aren't bad like they could be at Lightning.  Rainbows, Bulls and some of the tastiest kokanee as well.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 02:18:13 PM »

Salmon Lake in the Douglas Lake Ranch is a winner.  They have cabins plus a range of campsites from full hook up to dry camping.  They have a playground for the kids and even a swimming pool.  Fishing is reliable for fish in 15 to 20 inch range.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »

Tunkwa was fishing well a couple weeks ago (I have a report in the reports section here).  And as mentioned, you can rent a tinny there if you like.  The road in is well groomed and close to the town of Logan Lake if you run out of provisions...like beer.