Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skookumchuk waves  (Read 4467 times)

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
Skookumchuk waves
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »

Took a trip up to Skookumchuk Narrows Provincial Park on Mother's day to watch the rapids and play with the camera. Great opportunity to catch some interesting wave shots as the waves stay in the same place...Very polite of them :)

Took over 400 shots while we were there, playing with some of the settings on the camera that we never really think about. Made for some interesting captures, especially on the fast shutter settings.

C&C Welcome
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:44:23 PM by Hohummm »

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: Skookumchuk waves
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:34:49 AM »

Definitely some cool creativity.  The Narrows are very interesting. 

I like the 4th shot the best - the feeling of ice that it portrays.

SkagitDreamer

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »

Beautiful shots hohumm! Great area, too. When I was last there some folks were having a blast there in kayaks.
Thanks for sharing!
There is pleasure in the pathless woods

George Gordon Byron

Hohummm

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:36:40 AM »

Beautiful shots hohumm! Great area, too. When I was last there some folks were having a blast there in kayaks.
Thanks for sharing!

There were kayakers while we were there too and we got some really nice shots of them, but we didn't know them so the photos stay private.  :(

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »

There were kayakers while we were there too and we got some really nice shots of them, but we didn't know them so the photos stay private.  :(
I realize that may be by choice, but it's not a requirement.  People in a public place, in the view of the public have no reasonable expectation of privacy.  Photos of them are free to be published as long as they don't misrepresent the person or their actions in a malicious way.

Hohummm

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 08:13:51 AM »

I realize that may be by choice, but it's not a requirement.  People in a public place, in the view of the public have no reasonable expectation of privacy.  Photos of them are free to be published as long as they don't misrepresent the person or their actions in a malicious way.

I agree with you completely on this DragonSpeed, and if the kayakers were just incidental to the pictures I took, I would have posted them.  Just my personal decision not to.