Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: where to fish in hope  (Read 30328 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: where to fish in hope
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

Anybody fish the  coquihalla  river Upstream of the lower entrance to the lower railway tunnel: (a) no fishing Nov 1 - June 30; (b) fly fishing only, single barless hook, and bait ban
So it's closed to gear but open to fly fishing anybody fish here on shore with any luck?

Thought you said you were fishing June 27?  ::)

koifish

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »

i am fishing june 27

on that bbox it said
 Upstream of the lower entrance to the lower railway tunnel: (a) no fishing Nov 1 - June 30; (b) fly fishing only, single barless
hook, and bait ban
so i guess you are allowed to fish then fly fishing only? maybe im not understanding this properly ??? if it is closed why do they mention fly fishing only ???
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:10:46 PM by koifish »

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »

i am fishing june 27

on that bbox it said
 Upstream of the lower entrance to the lower railway tunnel: (a) no fishing Nov 1 - June 30; (b) fly fishing only, single barless
hook, and bait ban
so i guess you are allowed to fish then fly fishing only? maybe im not understanding this properly ??? if it is closed why do they mention fly fishing only ???

Yes fly fishing only, but the coq has no fish in it anyways.
A swung fly is the best fly.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »

i am fishing june 27

on that bbox it said
hook, and bait ban

By no fishing Nov 1-June 30 it means that the river is closed to all types of fishing from Nov 1 - June 30.

by fly fishing only, single barbless etc... it means when the river is open from July 1 - Oct 31 it is fly fishing only.

The regs can be a little confusing.  It is always good to ask for clarification like you did if you are unsure!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:11:11 PM by clarkii »

koifish

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:14 PM »

oh ok thanks ya it was kinda confusing

i guess theres not to many or not at all except the fraser

thats open in june
kinda sucks

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »

I wasn't going to say anything however I feel I should share because people are trying to mislead you and a river without friends is a river without protection. River opens above the tunnels June 5th 2014, 2015

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/changes/1315/region2.html

Fly only means no indicators and no external weight of any kind.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 10:52:23 PM »

I wasn't going to say anything however I feel I should share because people are trying to mislead you and a river without friends is a river without protection. River opens above the tunnels June 5th 2014, 2015

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/changes/1315/region2.html

Fly only means no indicators and no external weight of any kind.

You might want to re-read that Hook before trying to tell us we're all wrong.... You must wonder why you're all alone on the river till July 1st eh  :P

"Effective Dates" means the time at which the new regs (which opened the coq) took effect. This means that our July 1 opener only runs to 2015... it's a trial run. This July 1 opening first came into effect on June 2013. The upper coq is NOT open June 5 until March 31....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:54:29 PM by Every Day »

koifish

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »

Well I just read that coq river change I don't understand it says

In-Season Change
No fishing Nov 1 to June 30
Fly fishing only when open

Effective Dates
June 5, 2013 to March 31, 2015

Coquihalla River - Upstream of the lower railway tunnel. (tributaries remain closed)
It says both the same dates for the closure and said fly fishing kinda weird

koifish

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »

Ya even if it is open on those dates I would probably still go and fish even if there's no fish lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:29:41 PM by koifish »

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »

Well I just read that coq river change I don't understand it says

I just explained it above... Do you even read any replies you get or the regs?

The regulations (in season changes) are highlighted in bold. The effective dates (listed beside the in season changes) are not in bold, do not follow those. The effective dates are when the new regulation came into effect. In this case, the new regulation change opens the coq JULY 1, this JULY 1 opening first came into effect  June 5, 2013.

In short, don't fish the coq before July 1....

fisherforever

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »

Take a deep breath ED ;D. He's one of those guys that expects everyone else to do all. the work for him.

koifish

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 11:10:22 AM »

I just explained it above... Do you even read any replies you get or the regs?

The regulations (in season changes) are highlighted in bold. The effective dates (listed beside the in season changes) are not in bold, do not follow those. The effective dates are when the new regulation came into effect. In this case, the new regulation change opens the coq JULY 1, this JULY 1 opening first came into effect  June 5, 2013.

In short, don't fish the coq before July 1....

Did you read my post when I  said I read the regulations but didn't understand? 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:40:49 AM by koifish »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »

I really hope someone has gone out there and REMOVED ALL the signs posted on trees stating the opening as June 5th until 2015.

I didn't really read my link over but added it for anyone looking (it is a little confusing though!!)  ::)

HOOK - knows exactly where one of those signs is by the road and may stop Saturday to see if its there, if it is then take a picture of it and possibly the people fishing nearby.....................
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 05:50:32 PM »

Did you read my post when I  said I read the regulations but didn't understand?

I did read it, what baffles me is I had explained it directly above that exact post. Like I said, you obviously don't read the posts, or you don't like what you see and try to interpret it a different way in the regs.

I really hope someone has gone out there and REMOVED ALL the signs posted on trees stating the opening as June 5th until 2015.

Hook... I would be willing to bet that those signs say the EXACT same thing as the on-line regulations do (only because I've seen them). It says "Effective Date" on those as well... and then lists the opening of July 1st, followed by the fly fish only regulation below that, and the bait ban, etc. I don't get why it's so hard to understand the difference between effective date and the in-season change?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 09:17:38 AM »

Schkam Lake or Wood Lake just a km or 2 north on Hwy 1 (The Fraser Canyon) is a nice clear blue lake, still stocked with trout. There used to be a Motel at the north end that rented boats. It was possible to fish from shore though the bank by the highway is steep with maybe one place to stop.

-------------------------------------------------

Koifish - the Coq is closed. If it were open I would say you are not ready to fish a river such as that. I don't know if they are still open but Cheyenne Sports in Hope used to be a good source for info and some tackle. Try phoning them : (604) 869-5062
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:34:38 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.