Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Cap mouth June 19th

(1/2) > >>

lucky:
since my boat is broke down I decided on taking my little 9' kayak to the mouth to try  mooching for some coho with buzzbombs, didnt get out there till 1030, spent 30min drifting the mouth all i hooked was a nice flounder. So i gave up on the coho and but on some shrimp, I left about 3 because i was getting sunburnt, forgot the sunscreen, I ended up with at least a dozen nice size flounder a few tomcods, and a dogfish almost four feet long!!! i got it on an ultralight setup with 10lb leader was a great fight, had to paddle up on shore to land the thing. great spot for bottom fish, 5 min wouldnt go by without a strike of some sort

lucky:
flounder were 10 to 17" tomcods were around 10 or 11 " some of them were nice and fat

Spudcote:
Hey Lucky, it was good to meet you, I was the kid with the fly-rod fishing with his dad. We didn't hit any coho, nor did we see any or hear of any saw or landed. I was fishing a small needle fish pattern and dad was fishing a gibbs croc, not a smiff for either of us.

Still, a beautiful day to be out, despite the lack of fish for us.

FishKid:
 I also fished the cap mouth.  I was using gibbs crocodile spoons in the silver colours with a blue or green stripe.

I heard one guy had one but lost it after a few seconds.  I saw one school of coho's being chased around by a seal or two.

Spudcote:
That must have been you who we met coming down the rocks. Did you have a fly rod (Okuma reel I think...) in your hands and a spinning rod in your pack ?

If it was, it was good to see some of the people from the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version