Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Spring # 4, June 18

(1/2) > >>

chris gadsden:
Just got back from a long day on the water. As am so tired this will be a fairly short report, for me anyway.

Was teamed up with good fishing partners Gary and Gwyn and we spent 10 hours float fishing for springs and I was the only lucky one.

Around four o'clock I was taking a sip of water and the float goes under. The fish takes line but lets go before I could set the hook. :'(

Was it a spring or a good sized coarse fish?

As I retrive the once live ghost shrimp it is shredded up pretty good.

I wrap on another with the thin gauged copper wire I am using.

Works well and have not used it for some time but used it yesterday to catch spring #3.

Anyway on the first drift with the freshly attached bug the float shook, rattled and rolled before disappearing from my now wide eyes as I anticipate the take. ;D ;D ;D

Back I come on the float and I obtain a good hook set and the weight along with the taking of line telegraphed to me a spring of some size.

Out with the video camera and I take some ribbing from Gary and Gwyn that fooling around like this will see you lose it. I enjoy filming now an like to be able o show my wife what makes me want to keep going back out there. ;D

I think back to that rainbow that spooled me while trying to film it, maybe they are right. If I lose it there is always another I think, maybe a little too confident and cocky for my own good. :D

Hey this reminds me should get back up to the Merritt lakes for another go at those guys before too long.

I get some nice footage as I am learing to play a fish and film at the same time as the fish comes into the waiting net. ;D

A decent sized fish but not that big as I orignally had thought, should be at least 10 pounds Gary informs me.

We fish until close to 9 before calling it a day with no more takers.

With another fish for the table it will make up for being late for the Shania concert last night and my wife is very forgiving when I provide fish. ;D ;D

Actually I just cooked up some of yesterday's fish for a very late night supper that was excellent even though the hour was something else, that to be eating supper at midnight. Needed the candles as well. ;D

Got one final chore for the day that is to clean the bar of silver sitting in the cooler. Of course it is so important in this hot weather to but them on ice as soon as possible.

With the river now quickly dropping the next fishing adventure should be a bar fishing adventure next week as we we will be chasing some 20 pound plus blunt nosed Fraser River spring salmon.

I can hardly wait. ;D

otto:
hmmmmmm......Shania in waders............ ;) ;) :D :D :'( :'(

chris gadsden:
Got to like that. Should try to arrange that on her next trip out West. ;D

Am off to the Cultus Lake Coarse Fish Derby and Family event to help out a bit. Should be a good day seeing the kids enjoying the fishing and winning some great prizes and taking in the games.  If around Main Beach drop around or better still its not too late to enter.

Before I forget happy Fathers Day to all tomorrow. A good day to get out with the family for a day on the water somewhere. ;D ;D ;D

Terry Bodman:
Serves you right. It's a proven fact (verified by intensive research) that those who drink water while fishing always lose the fish.  ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER:
Good job chris but where were you fishing. I think you accedently forgot to put it in. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version