Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, April 28th 2014  (Read 14133 times)

liketofish

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano River, April 28th 2014
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »

Good luck and when are you going to start ?

We can tell how many people care from right here, or ask people what they think on the river. What can you do to help besides defending the fed?  ;)

mvelasco

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »

If you don't mind to share about your wool patterns, colors and kind of water to fish for (fast ,slow or pockets)?
Don't mind sharing because ultimately if we share tactics that work it may show others that flossing and snagging aren't always the case. Usually a bright color (let's say pink) wrapped around a few strands of a mute color to give contrast.place in bait loop and trim until size matches clarity. Good rule I use is nothing bigger than my middle finger nail and nothing smaller than my pinky nail. As for water I've used in all situations but I find good tail outs with a couple of pools spread through out works best.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »

We can tell how many people care from right here, or ask people what they think on the river. What can you do to help besides defending the fed?  ;)

I didnt say nothing to defend the fed. Nothing to do with me. What ever you want to do good luck to you. Don't put words in my mouth and go fishing.

BCLAX

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »

Please be reminded all steelhead and trout, including both hatchery and wild, must be released unharmed.
X2

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2014, 12:29:57 AM »

Hey guys, I have started a thread 'Enhance the Cap like the old days?' in the discussion section. Perhaps we can convince the authority to enhance the Cap so that both methods will be super productive all season through.  ;) ;D

You kidding me? Government is trying to build a dam to power more pipelines and LNG plants and you want to petition for more hatchery coho in the cap? bahahahah! So awesome.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »

Hey Athezone, pm me your cell # so we can meet up. Check out 7 lb flyfishing coho so you recognize me when we meet up.
Chris.
Fish on!

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2014, 09:42:49 PM »

Hey Athezone, pm me your cell # so we can meet up. Check out 7 lb flyfishing coho so you recognize me when we meet up.
Chris.

Hey Chris that was a wonderful video and just a beautiful fish you caught. I've fished that spot tons of times but not for about
10 years or so now. A PM has been sent and I can't wait to meet up and share advice, learn, laugh and live. Wishing you the Best bro' !!!

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2014, 08:34:30 PM »

This should be good…can't wait to see the results. 

I carry both bait and fly gear when i fish the cap and I can tell you even with the high water this year I still have more fly caught coho than bait this year.  Definitely caught more Cap coho on the fly last year than on bait and hardware combined.

SS and I fish together lots so I am confident he will put to rest any question that these fish are flossed…they chase flies down mid water column.  last year it seemed they liked it best when the fly was coming straight up and they often hit just as the flies reached the surface, striking up from below.