Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, April 13th 2014  (Read 1377 times)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Capilano River, April 13th 2014
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »

Thought I'd post a short report about the Capilano. Summersteel and myself met up before first light for the duel between The Capilano Masters, lol. We decided to fish at the Cable Pool because SS had only a couple hours to fish before he had to go to work. He had brought his trusty fly rod and a couple centre pins for good luck and I had my reliable Abu Garcia baitcaster and some great chum roe.

We both went to work using the various tools of our trade and the skills that we had acquired throughout years of trial and error. It was a beautiful morning and as we chatted and fished a few other hopeful fishermen showed up here and there. Throughout the next two hours we threw everything we had at our quarry and although there were a couple of fish that showed themselves we would not be rewarded with any prizes this morning. Nor did we see any other fishermen catch any.

Summersteel then had to leave for work and I decided to try another spot close by for the final couple hours I had. It would be another effort that would yield me no fish, nor would I see any either. I guess its still a bit to early but it's always nice to get out and about. If the day was worth anything outside of natures beauty it was in making a new friend. I found Summersteel - Chris to be a very personable, intelligent and although we never caught anything its easy to see, very skilled at fishing. A top rod if ever I met one. Thanks for making my day so enjoyable Chris !!! Its amazing how much fun one can have in just two hours. Just imagine if we had caught some fish, lol. All the Best my friend.

Well getting up so early tires one out so time for a noon nap. Until next time Everyone, Good Fishing All !!!!

liketofish

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano River, April 13th 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:26:03 PM »

Great report of the first meeting of the masters of the Cap. Now the 1st round is 0-0 on the score card (as predicted, lol). There is another 11 rounds to go.  ;D Thanks for the report (seriously). Looks like not enough fish yet for my 1st trip.  :)