Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lac Des Roche/ Highway 24  (Read 2146 times)

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Lac Des Roche/ Highway 24
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:57:51 PM »

Well my Dad just got back home tonight after spending the week up at Peaceful Cove Resort. Fishing was god awful. Pulled out all the flies, indicator fished.......everything and only a few fish to report. There was a nice 5lbser caught this morning though. The weather was pretty unstable which could of led to the poor fishing with the barometer and pressure bouncing around. Some fish rising and on the finder but nothing spectacular. 3rd time to this lake and in 3 different seasons. Fall has been the best with the boatmen but this Spring was slow and the locals out on the lake have never seen it like this. Thanks.

marshal

• Hook Chucker
Re:Lac Des Roche/ Highway 24
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 06:24:54 PM »

TS,
You had replied to my post in late May about my experience up at Lac des Roche.  Sounds like you had the same experience as I.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 06:25:52 PM »

TS,
You had replied to my post in late May about my experience up at Lac des Roche.  Sounds like you had the same experience as I.
Yup, only If I was up there with my Dad, shown them how it's done. ;)

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 09:30:46 AM »

Have fished Lac de Roche several times and it has always been a disaster for me. Poor weather and poor fishing. Maybe it's the ability (or lack of) the fisher?
"One man of courage makes a majority"