Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New vehicle rod.  (Read 1814 times)

Capt. jack

• fishing on piers bc
New vehicle rod.
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »

Couple of weeks ago, I was in abbostford and decided before heading home I'll do a lil fishing at Mill lake.
I pull out my Emery Saturn spin/fly travel pack from the car went to the dock and started putting it together.
was thinking of fly fishing...problem is I'm missing the piece that connects to the handle. Doh! musta left it at
ambleside last month.  :'(

So the fishies were safe that day. I go to canadian tire to see about replacing my travel rod, but they don't
sell 'em any more. Ended up at whole sale sports and got me a Eagle claw med/light spin/fly combo. didn't come
with reels. no biggie, I'll use my Emery ones, they'l fit.

Son of a...gotta get new fly line. Emery was 5wt, Eagle claw calls for 7wt. off to A&N and got line. Yellow line for
yellow rod. casts nice. I then get a laptop case and put everything in as eagle won't fit in emery case (1 inch too long)
then it's back to Canadian tire to pick up one of those total tackle 137 piece tackle kits.
Why? cuz it fits in my lap top case  :P

I put in my top producers of flies and tackle, Red & white spoon, brass spoon, mepps spinner, white curly tail jig
along with chartreuse, small stingsilda jig. green. plus all the other stuff in the tackle case from total tackle.
Yes, I use my car rod every where.

Any one else have a car rod in their car to kill time with? and what kind of tackle and flies would you have?

"What? Every body knows I drink coffee when I watch sonar"