Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kinder Morgan  (Read 1685 times)

StillAqua

Re: Kinder Morgan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:04:54 PM »

And I thought "PetroCanada" was just the name of a gas station......

anorden

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »

I wonder if they had these sorts of extensive public consultations in the 1960s when the original Kinder Morgan and all the hydro dams got done? If so how on earth did any infrastructure project ever get built??

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 12:58:14 PM »

--they did get build under the now familiar self policing and in house studies to show how good they were for the environment.
--then finally people started thinking ... hey wait a minute... why are you only cutting a line of trees around the edge and leaving all the junk in the bottom lands.
--more people became aware thus... stop Site C.... now Christy says we have to build Site C.

--I am not against every current or future project. I use an aluminium boat... big electricity to refine that. I have electric heat...although recently installed a heat pump thus reducing power consumption by about 40% but my bill is actually higher than it was before... thanks to some great decisions by Government.

--Just don't sugar coat the know effects... some projects will still have to go ahead if we want to keep living the way we do. Lets make informed decisions not idealogical ones.

--Since when is "Grow the Economy" the only conscideration