Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Point Grey to T10  (Read 1943 times)

Sandhead

Point Grey to T10
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:54:23 AM »

Trolled off point grey to t10 bouy on tuesday on Legend's boat.  The seas were very calm and the weather was nice and hot.  Had a couple of strikes that destroyed my bait, but I only managed to bring one flounder to the boat.

Used a rock salt mix to firm up the bait, however I still found that the bait wasn't as firm as I would have liked. Anyone able to offer a recipe for bait?

Had the downriggers set to anywhere from 90 to 130 feet, and didn't manage to bring any salmon to the boat. I'd like to change this next time I go out. Anyone have any suggestions? The fish finder was active later in the afternoon when the tide was peaking, which was around the same time the seals showed up in numbers.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 08:54:54 AM by Sandhead »
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
Re:Point Grey to T10
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 12:48:49 PM »

Saturate the salt with water, or the water with salt (whetever way round...). Then leave it overnight...I find it seem to work.

Did you see many hits or fish from any one ? I'm heading out this week end...will post report.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Sandhead

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:51:21 PM »

We saw a couple of the charter boats out off Point Grey / Spanish Banks,  I watched them for a bit and didn't see them get any action.  Saw a couple of commerical fishing boats near T10, other than that it was quiet and relaxing out on the water. I'll be interested to hear how you do on the weekend, I think i've seen the boat in your profile picture out a couple times north of T10.

I'm thinking I might salt the fish over night and then freeze them and see if they maintain firmness.
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 05:33:16 PM »

Ummm...Sandhead, I think you may be seeing a different boat, the one in the picture is the one i work on and is in the QCIs right about now, it left over a month ago, and will be there until september, but regardless, I fish from a 17 ft aluminium.

Should be a beautiful weekend to be out, regardless of fish caught.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote