Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Roche Lake

(1/3) > >>

Floon:
Sorry it took so long for this report but I had to have some fun on the "other" board first! ;D

Fished Roche the week end of June 12th and did pretty dang good! Not in numbers though, I just latched into the fish of a life time is all. 8)
I did the troll thing with a pal new to the fly game on Saturday, and caught a couple while he had 2 flies ripped off. Later that afternoon I had a hankering for a little casting so I headed toward monster bay in the tube and never made that far.
Ok, here it comes......!
With my Sage 6 wt 6.6# tippet ending in a #12 olive estats shrimp, I latched onto a monster.
It picked my fly up and zinged almost 200 yrds of backing off!!!
A good fight followed by me grabbing a trout of 40".
I know, I know, IMPOSSIBLE. Whatever. This is the report page and I'm giving you my report. I never got a pic, as the GF had the camera back at home in her trunk.
I touched it three times and had it in my arms once outta the water and for me that was a caught fish.
Sunday was SO windy we fished for about an hour in the morning and then the wind was just too crazy!!
Monday morning I managed one about 3#. At only 21" it was very fat! Then the wind picked up and the hail started along with thunder so we high tailed.
The water was pretty much a constant 58 degrees, and there were a lot of fish on the shoals. Plenty of coloured fish to be sure but I caught only silver fish.

Let the nay saying and slagfest begin........ ::)

The_Roe_Man:
40 inches .  WOW!  How much would a fish like that way. That is insane.
Good job.

Floon:
I would venture 16 to 19#s. Others have done a "length times girth" thing and arrived at 25 or so. I think that is bull though.
Believe it. That was the biggest trout I have ever personally seen, though I know my buddy Budvar hooked an even bigger one from Sayers. I didn't see that one though, I was too far away. :(

Fish Assassin:
Well done Floon. You ought to be proud !

dead head:
wow thats almost 4 ft long hard to believe without a photo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version