Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How did your Cell see the end of life?  (Read 5421 times)

dave c

Re: How did your Cell see the end of life?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »

After a near swim in the Chehalis realized chest pocket in vest was not a dry enough place.  Happy to make it out of there alive, as i was alone and the wife thought i was going to vedder.  Changed my mind last minute and didn't tell anyone. STUPID STUPID STUPID. >:(

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 05:19:59 PM »

I have killed several phones over the years in different ways.

Taking a swim while chasing a steelhead waist deep in the river, had 2 drop from my wader pocket while landing fish, dropped one on the river bank from my shorts pocket but had no idea until my g/f saw it and it was buttons down and getting splashed, iphone in the toilet, dropped one into a lake because I forgot it was on my lap when I moved to grab my rod..........my current phone has an Otterbox Armor case  :D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Ambassador

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »

Dropped my Iphone in the fire at Callaghan Lake while using it as a flashlight because I was too lazy to take three steps to my bag to grab my $10 flashlight.
Apple told me they cant fix it but would be happy to replace it for $279 - I'm sure they would. Other than looking kind of annoying, it hasn't sharded my nuts yet, so screw it.
** If you get your screen replaced - get them to do it in front of you or get it done by someone you trust. My friend had her logic board swapped out when she got her screen replaced **
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Ian Forbes

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 11:14:42 PM »

Cell? Oh, I thought you were talking about the one my buddies broke me out of in Mexico. They used some dynamite and a chain to pull out the window while the guards were sleeping off the booze my friends gave them.  :) ;)

Cellular phones are the only source of amusement for most Thais I associate with. I'm always amazed that they can afford something that costs the equivalent of 2 months salary in Canada. The average wage of most Thais is $8 to $10 a day and yet they all have phones costing $400 or more. My 10 year old Nokia cost me $200 and still runs fine, but it doesn't have all those pretty "aps". But, I can purchase a perfectly useable cell-phone for $30 here.