Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Action Lakes with decent Camping  (Read 5397 times)

freshfisher

Best Action Lakes with decent Camping
« on: January 16, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

I am planning a bachelor party and was thinking of doing a fishing trip. Most of the people attending are fairly experienced and some would be beginners. Also we will be a mix of fly fisherman and spincasters. I am trying to find a lake that has good action for both fly fisherman and spincasters with a decent camp ground near by. We will be going for three days so the better the camp grounds the better. We are coming from the Thompson-Nicola area so anything within 3-4 hours would be preferable. So my question is where would you recommend we host this bachelor party? Thanks a lot for your help! Edit: Sorry we will be going sometime between May - July
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:18:09 PM by freshfisher »

island boy

Re: Best Action Lakes with decent Camping
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 05:06:31 PM »

davis lake off the coq.
you kill it, you clean it.

Suther

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »

WHEN are you planning to hold this party? Its hard to say what would be a good option without a timeframe because so many lakes would be frozen over for another few months.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »

Your in the Thompson -Nicola region and you want to leave it to find a lake to fish? :o

freshfisher

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »

We don't have to leave the Thompson-Nicola area, if you know a good lake within it that has good camping and will allow for fairly easy fishing then that would be great.

Castor

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 11:55:59 PM »

look into the area around Face Lake. The resort there has some large (and cheap) cabins and a great lake to fish. Just before the resort is Paska Lake , lots o camping there, with the two Dairy lakes a bit farther up the road, about 20 minutes. I go to Face every June and it's a crazy mixed bag of weather but the fishing is always good.
I'd fish that

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »

BUMP

I am looking at doing the same.  But with a mix of cabins and camping.  Some of the older guys coming are wanting to be in a cabin.  We looked into Roche, it is already full.  We've all been to Tunkwa many times before and are looking to change it up.

We will also be going for a bachelor trip, but a low-key one with many of the fathers of the wedding party coming.  Similiarly, a mixed bag of spin, fly and experience/no experience.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Zackattack

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 01:22:52 AM »

Ya I too would recommend facelake, but since they really try to keep it a family oriented resort (no music, parties etc) I'd suggest just going to one of the many forestry rec camp sites around the area! Some even have port-o's and a slope to throw a boat in... lots of fish for even the novice to be had although the fish are usually on the small side. lots of fun nontheless

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:46:49 AM »

BUMP

I am looking at doing the same.  But with a mix of cabins and camping.  Some of the older guys coming are wanting to be in a cabin.  We looked into Roche, it is already full.  We've all been to Tunkwa many times before and are looking to change it up.

We will also be going for a bachelor trip, but a low-key one with many of the fathers of the wedding party coming.  Similiarly, a mixed bag of spin, fly and experience/no experience.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

For your situation Salmon Lake would be perfect

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

fishman254

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 06:51:30 AM »

look into the area around Face Lake. The resort there has some large (and cheap) cabins and a great lake to fish. Just before the resort is Paska Lake , lots o camping there, with the two Dairy lakes a bit farther up the road, about 20 minutes. I go to Face every June and it's a crazy mixed bag of weather but the fishing is always good.
Yes, Paska or Face.