Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cowichan River Steelhead and Trout Fishing  (Read 2224 times)

The Rambling Fisherman

Cowichan River Steelhead and Trout Fishing
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

The Cowichan river (Duncan, BC) has a good run of Steelhead that run from Mid December thru April.  The Steelhead caught in the lower river are nickel bright and fight like crazy. 

Fishing the Cowichan river in the winter is an amazing experience as there are tons of trout to be caught while Steelhead fishing from our drift boats. Cost: $425/day for up to two anglers plus a guide per drift boat, we supply all rods/reels and tackle/flies.

**Fly fishing for trout has been fantastic. Many dozens of fish hook-ups daily, my guests are using the word 'ridiculous fishing' a lot to describe the trout fishery at the moment.** Book a guided fly fishing Brown/Rainbow trout drift boat trip with us during the salmon/steelhead spawn and you'll see some extremely good fishing.

For more information please email me at ramblingfisherman@gmail.com, call/text me at 250-218-1087 ~ Ian

Visit my website for Photos, Videos and Fishing Reports: www.RamblingFisherman.com
keep up to date on island fishing reports by joining me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ramblingfisherman

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAPzobBXjLQ