Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not just key'n on color  (Read 5418 times)

rustybee

Re: Not just key'n on color
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 07:32:00 AM »

I say give the guy a break, he obviously had a great experience on the river and wanted to share it. Maybe it should have been posted in the fishing reports section. And most of the reports on the forum are guys giving themselves self back slaps....posting pictures of a limit gives no information to learn from

You might be right there. Thought I'd lighten it up with a ;) but obviously not enough.
My reply was more for those who were wondering if they missed anything.

Ambassador

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

So true. It's always one of many, best fishing ever, 8 to hand in 20 mins.
Guess I'm the only one who gets skunked sometimes.
Right there with you!
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 07:14:51 AM »

At least the text was not the same old schlock.I say good on him for throwing the change-up.
Riverman

islanddude

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »

It is true people really don't understand the English language. Must be all that text ''mumbo jumbo" that is frying their brains or is it the cell phone glued to their ear.

Suther

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 01:05:08 PM »

It is true people really don't understand the English language. Must be all that text ''mumbo jumbo" that is frying their brains or is it the cell phone glued to their ear.

How does a cellphone glued to your ear have anything to do with English proficiency??

Plenty of people understand the English language. Most TVs and movies are in English, so are newspapers, books, magazines ect ect. The  odd person using really bad English on a forum about fishing is not a very good representation of people as a whole.(As long as by people, you mean people who actually speak English. If you are including people who dont speak English,  then you are right, "people" dont understand English, 'cause they speak Hindi or Mandarin or Spanish or whatever.)