Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RCMP On The Vedder  (Read 11137 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
RCMP On The Vedder
« on: June 09, 2004, 08:55:29 PM »

Will be touring the Vedder with the RCMP, City officials, and maybe the Conservation Service this Friday morning.

We will be discussing garbage dumping, all the breakin to cars which I was told by T. Tom today he estimated to be 50 for the past season.

Anyone with any constructive comments you would like me to present to the RCMP  please list them below this post.

Thanks.

By the way I heard the RCMP caught their first thief with their bait car program in Chilliwack today. ;D ;D

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re:RCMP On The Vedder
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:00:51 PM »

Great work Chris. Good to see the authority getting involved in protecting are neck of the woods when it comes to environment. Thanks.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 09:58:43 PM »

Hey Fulcrum,Why not reserve fisheries officers,simular to local police forces? legal arguments?good job!!
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 10:05:17 PM »

Sandy. We tried to get this going through the Fraser Valley Salmon Society many years ago but were turned down. I could never figure why. No different than auxillary police should it be Fulcrum_29?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 10:16:23 PM »

Do you know much about Wilderness Watch F. 29? I imagine they are not much different than what the ordinary person can do through observe and report.

However if this program is still going on I guess the presents of guys ( Hey Max) in Yellow Raincoats could scare some lawbreakers away. ;D ;D

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

what about simular authority as the transit cops, hold and or document for future investigation By...

Kind of Hairry idea, there has to be someone/people on the river with more legal power than the offending person.Im sure that if By law officers in Vancouver may be given powers to ticket brawlers, why can't they allow auxillary enforcement officers?.sounds like I'm arguing with my self,thikink out loud on the keyboard    
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 11:28:01 PM »

Will pass on your info. and thanks.

I believe the RCMP wear yellow coats at times, must be beginner fishers. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 01:41:19 AM »

Very good points F_29 will pass on at the meeting tomorrow.

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 06:30:43 PM »

i have actually witnessed the RCMP from the MISSION detachment parolling the banks of the STAVE river in the fall. I have been asked for my licience, he checked my daughters hook for a barb, he looked in my sons tackle box.
I have seen the officer in question leave with a hand full of rods, be-headed fish,
and asked people to open up there vehicles.
as it turns out he informed me that the RCMP detachment in mission is sub contracted to DFO to hand out fines, inspect, anything DFO can do so can they.
and this particular officer is also an avid fisherman, and what better way to spend his sunday afternoon.
maybe this is a possible route, it would provide more presence and that is the most importent  aspect i think,
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

Randog

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 07:58:34 PM »

Canoe man,  what species of "be-headed" fish did the officer confiscate?

No Hijacking intended ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 08:01:03 PM by Randog »

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 07:59:55 PM »

big old boots  :o :o

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 08:36:12 PM »

yep they were the biggest oldest boots possible lol
i thinks the officer was just trying to make a point, because he waited 20 min on the west side as these two guys WADED back across from the ilsands into the waiting arms of the law lmao

but seriously would more visibility even if they were RCMP of volunteer standing
would it make some people think twice before they shove that illegal fish into there bag.
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 02:08:55 PM »

Gwyn, Terry, Mark from the City Of Chilliwack along with the RCMP and I toured the Vedder Canal area where some more gates have been placed.

You hate to see area's blocked off but in these cases no access will be denied you may just have to drive a little further to get to a certain part of the river. It is the hope this will help with garbage dumping,crime, parties and burning of cars etc..

More parking will be provided in certain area's which will help.

I brought up the car breakins and the RCMP said do not leave valuables in your car and report any suspicious activity.

The RCMP member will brief fellow officiers and he said they will try to attend complains of vehicles, ATV, and motorcycles in this area ripping through the reparian zones etc...

Please do your part and phone the RCMP in Chilliwack at 792-4611 to report these infractions. It is through your help that we may be able to halt these breakins that I was told was near 50 last year that are spoiling our fishing activities. Thanks. Chris
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 07:50:55 AM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 05:01:59 PM »

Good job Chris !

otto

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 06:32:56 PM »

re:  <<<I brought upmthe car breakins and the RCMP said do not leave valuables in your car and report any suspicious activity.>>>

the problem is though that we do not leave anything in our vehicles. of all the vehicles that get broken into, 98 percent were empty, not even spare change in the truck. but that does'nt seem to matter (leaving your vehicle empty), because then your vehicle gets completely vandalized, (seatrs ripped, wires pulled, bvroken glass etc)...............how do they paln to address that side of things?