Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cowichan River Trout and Coho Fishery - Duncan, BC  (Read 2874 times)

The Rambling Fisherman

Cowichan River Trout and Coho Fishery - Duncan, BC
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:52:38 PM »

The Cowichan river (Duncan, BC) has a good run of Coho and Chum salmon that run from Mid October thru December.  The Coho caught in the lower river are nickel bright and the Chum are just gear busting brutes.  The river opening was announced on Oct. 22/2013,  Anglers can retain 1 Coho and 2 Chum per day in open areas of the Cowichan river starting Nov. 1st.

Fishing the Cowichan river in the fall is an amazing experience as there are tons of trout to be caught while Salmon fishing from our drift boats.  We will be offering guided drift boat charters on the Cowichan river for Coho, Chum and Trout starting Nov. 1st, 2013.  We expect to hook into chrome Coho during the first few weeks of November.  Last year we were still catching Coho as incidentals well into February. Cost: $425/day for up to two anglers plus a guide per drift boat, we supply all rods/reels, Trophy Tackle Spoons and tackle.

**Fly fishing for trout has been fantastic. Almost triple digit hook-ups at the moment, my guests are using the word 'ridiculous fishing' a lot to describe the trout fishery at the moment.** Book a guided fly fishing Brown/Rainbow trout drift boat trip with us during the salmon spawn and you'll see some extremely good fishing.

For more information please email me at ramblingfisherman@gmail.com, call/text me at 250-218-1087 ~ Ian

Visit my website for Photos, Videos and Fishing Reports: www.RamblingFisherman.com
keep up to date on island fishing reports by joining me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ramblingfisherman

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAPzobBXjLQ