Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question for member Pin-nook  (Read 4692 times)

Fishawn

Question for member Pin-nook
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:04:20 PM »

Hi Pin-nook,

I was doing a bit of reading on this site re: rod builders. I stumbled on a thread you had posted on. You mentioned that your builder is super clean and does nice work.  I was wondering if you wouldn't mind passing on their info.
Thanks in advance.

Pin-nook

Re: Question for member Pin-nook
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »

Sorry Fishawn, wish I could share that info but my builder doesn't build that often and he only does it when he feels like it. He had my 3113LB blank for 6-7 months before I actually got it back. He's changing the handle on my 3106LB to a W Fitting and he's had that rod now for 3.5-4 months. I'm not in a rush to get it back as I have other rods I can use but like I said, it's something he does when he feels like it but as far as I know he will only build for friends now.

Try Mark Light...heard he does good work but I am really picky about the workmanship on my builds and only really seen that out of my builder. 

Sorry Guy...excited for you though, builds are exciting especially when the finished product exceeds your expectations!

Fishawn

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »

Not a problem. I totally understand. I've heard good things about Mark as well.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Pin-nook

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:50:25 PM »

Great advice: Do your homework and figure out what you want on your rod and if you can gather it up yourself that would be the best thing. Do not go cheap as well, lots of good blanks out there other than Sage ::) but good components make the rod that much better.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:51 PM »

Dave at Highwater is a great place to enquire about gathering components for builds. He helped me out greatly when I was looking for a reel seat for my last build. He hasn't been building really all that much for a while now like Pin-nook said just for friends or out of boredom lol.

Mark at Valley Custom Rods does GREAT work. He will do it exactly like you ask and has great input if you ask for it. I would say Mark is one of the best in the area.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Fishawn

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:38:15 PM »

Thanks guys.