Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 15th 2013  (Read 1014 times)

Taboo

Tidal Fraser River, September 15th 2013
« on: September 15, 2013, 03:45:39 PM »

Hit the flow alongside Deas Island park in the 'lil Lund...  LOTS of fish activity but very fickle!  We didn't land one in about 2.5 hours of fishing and only saw 1 or 2 landed from the shoreline.  We had a 4-5 foot sturgeon surface and give us a little show though!!  Was going to move up river but then the rain came and having a pair of 5 year olds in tow predicated a hasty retreat!! 

Dr. Backlash

Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 15th 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:23 PM »

Made it out today despite the not so pleasant weather - and went back to my bank fishing spot as I wasn't too keen on taking the boat out today with the risk of thunderstorms.  Saw more fish today surfacing than I've seen in the last week.  Managed to get a small doe on a small pink Gypsy spoon with crystal flash, then lost another about 10 minutes later on the same spoon.  That happened just after high tide, and the wife lost one on a small pink spin n glow shortly before high tide.  It was another great day to be out there and barely saw anyone out on the river today.  Sure have had to work hard for my pinks this year that's for sure - good times!