Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most memorable fishing experience  (Read 15503 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re:Most memorable fishing experience
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2004, 08:36:33 AM »

Did not take long this morning to connect. A short report to follow as need a nap. ;D Getting a fish very quickly makes it a memorable experience. ;D so have posted here.

The Drying fans from our water problems made sleeping difficult last night so hit the road at 4am and as well I had to be home by noon to attend a funneral early this afternoon. :'(

About 12 minutes into the trip float down and a miss with most of the Pro cured ghost shrimp gone. With only part of the tail left tried a drift to no avail.

Fresh bug attached by thread and about 3 to 4 minutes after the first bite the Thompson Float ( we call the balsa ones this name, don't ask me why) slips nicely out of sight.

I set the hook and the spring comes out of the water almost as high as the rainbow that spooled me last week. No worries about this happening here with lots of line on the Avon reel that my dad bought for me many years ago in England. ;D

The 7 pound buck the same size as the Middlenatch coho mentioned above actually jumped a number of times trying to shed the hook.

In the space of another 5 miutes I had fresh fish on the beach.
On my return home my wife is still asleep, a note is left that there is fresh fish in the fridge for breakfast for her. She likes fish for breakfast but I will wait to enjoy it at supper tonight. I can taste it now. ;D ;D  A quick and rewarding trip that was worth rolling rolling rolling right along for at an very early and quick trip. ;D ;D ;D O By the way Max I was wearing the Leaf hat so the jinz has been broken, Stanleys coming home next year. ;D

Now for a 2 to 3 hour nap. ;D

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2004, 04:58:18 PM »

cool story about the sturgeon Norm, thats why its so hard to leave,anything can happen.Before I was born my dad used to bring the odd sturgeon home to supplement the grub steak,and both my uncles fished em when they where young,one of em got dragged all up and down the river at Langely bar(Derby) by a biggen and my other uncle has a story about dragging one home on his bike,tail dragging in the gravel all the way home.Good times 8)

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2004, 05:20:41 PM »

the one that dragged the boat around was far to big to land, this was back around 60 years ago when there was a few around what haven't  been dragged up on the shore by a tow truck,just pulled them around all morning,the one on the bike was touching ground on both sides of the handle bars ;D