Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 291456 times)

Dude

Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »

Was out in Richmond from 6:00 am until 10:30am this morning.  High tide was around 8:30 but when I got there at 6 until about 7 there was tons of fish rolling in.  I think they are finally starting to roll in with decent numbers with the incoming tide.  guy beside me hooked 3 few others got one each and sadly once again I got skunked.  Not loosing hope the fun is just starting today was by far the best day on the water lots of fish. however after around 8am it was dead only few jumpers but they were pretty far in.  One thing me and the guy noticed was, when they were rolling through they were pretty much 10-15ft off from shore.  Donated a Pink Jig, 2 spoons, and one buzz bomb to the beautiful fraser today.  this week should be great with more fish coming in.  I heard from 7 people today that fisheries will be upping the estimates to roughly 40 million fish, thats insaine but thats what I heard on the river today does anyone know if theres any truth to this?   

I have some pretty nice pictures to post however I have no idea how to do it when i select insert image it simply does the html [img] thing.  Can anyone PM or reply how to attach picture from my computer on here.

KarateKick

« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

Beginner's question: My home is close to the Fraser north arm on the Vancouver side. Should I try catching pinks there? For some reason everyone else is fishing in Richmond.

LP89CG

« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »

Was out at Walters Road (few KM up from mission bridge) Fished from 430-7pm. lots of fish rolling. One guy landed 2 using spin'n glows. Then it died down for about an hour.

Then a group of 3-4 showed up and were slamming fish. When I left I wanted to take  look to see what they were using...

pencil lead with 2-3 feet of leader and a spinner.

As I walked by one guy had just pulled a pink in by its dorsal and then a second guy hooked into what appeared to be something big... then I seen it was hooked in the back.

fish were released but felt good knowing everyone fishing properly wasn't catching and that it was just their "Technique" and not a matter of what I was using.

robbyvanz

« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2013, 07:24:41 PM »

Beginner's question: My home is close to the Fraser north arm on the Vancouver side. Should I try catching pinks there? For some reason everyone else is fishing in Richmond.

Someone posted yesterday that they caught some off River Road.   The visibility around Mitchell Island looks pretty bad.  Maybe Rod can comment on what percentage of fish enter each arm. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2013, 07:48:23 PM »

If your home is close to the North Arm, fish there. No sense in driving all the way to the other side to join the crowd.

KarateKick

« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »

Donated a Pink Jig, 2 spoons, and one buzz bomb to the beautiful fraser today.

Is there a way to prevent such losses?

gman

« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2013, 09:21:20 PM »

Maybe Rod can comment on what percentage of fish enter each arm.

Lots of pinks go up the North Arm. I live near the South Arm and work near the North Arm and fish both with success.

Dude

« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »

I am heading back tomorrow morning again will report on that after I get to work.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:25:01 PM by Dude »

Dude

« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:59 PM »

Lots of pinks go up the North Arm. I live near the South Arm and work near the North Arm and fish both with success.

Yes don't do what I did today and thats retrieve too slow close to shore  ;D   
having said that the fish were like right at my feet so I would cast out 15ft and retrieve slow and Bam rock.  I sure wont be doing that anymore lol

HKSR

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »

Has anybody had any luck at Derby Reach in the afternoon and/or evening?

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »

Has anybody had any luck at Derby Reach in the afternoon and/or evening?

Couldn't comment on the morning but I was there today from 5 pm til just before quitting time and there was some decent numbers of fish going by. I took home 2 nice does, lost a few as well but....

Was great to see a fellow catch his first ever salmon in BC after living here for 18 years. Actually it was his first fish ever since living here !!! You could tell he was pretty stoked, he was all excited saying that he'd been there for 6 days in a row and hadn't got anything. He was dam persistent and his patience finally paid off ,which to me was even better than catching a fish myself, I was truly happy for him and helped him with a picture so he could show his family. I also dressed the fish for him and he was very happy about that as well.

I enjoyed myself down there today, no dummies at all

Animal Chin

« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »

Chrome.

Best one so far this year. Caught on a 2 inch gibbs buzz bomb knockoff, retrieved like a spoon. Today was a fun day in Richmond.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:41:29 PM by Animal Chin »

HKSR

« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Couldn't comment on the morning but I was there today from 5 pm til just before quitting time and there was some decent numbers of fish going by. I took home 2 nice does, lost a few as well but....

Was great to see a fellow catch his first ever salmon in BC after living here for 18 years. Actually it was his first fish ever since living here !!! You could tell he was pretty stoked, he was all excited saying that he'd been there for 6 days in a row and hadn't got anything. He was dam persistent and his patience finally paid off ,which to me was even better than catching a fish myself, I was truly happy for him and helped him with a picture so he could show his family. I also dressed the fish for him and he was very happy about that as well.

I enjoyed myself down there today, no dummies at all

Hey Bently, I was there today as well, but couldn't get one to bite.  In fact, haven't been able to get one to bite at Derby so far this season.  What did u catch them on? 

SteelHunter

« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2013, 10:57:56 PM »

Fishing is picking up, was out with some buddies and everyone got into at least 1 fish. I got 1 nice male around 4pm  in richmond was good day
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:59:38 PM by SteelHunter »

chronicfisher

« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2013, 11:00:05 PM »

Fished at dyke road today manage to land 2.but it was dead out there today, yesterday there were fish rising and jumping in huge schools.today was slow with the rises and the one that were rising was out of casting range.also the noticed the action seemed to stop after 7 past 2 days with no big schools coming in during in the late incoming tide.