Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 295754 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

The brown discharge is from the drainage ditches, which comes out from the pump stations. It's almost always flowing, but just more apparent when the tide is going out in the Fraser River.

Riverboy888

« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2013, 04:21:50 PM »

Water looked fine up the road.

Guess you haven't spent that much time on the Fraser, lol!! :P

Riverboy888

« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »

I headed to Deas Island this am but when I saw all the cars parked on the highway that overflowed from the parking lot I turned around and grabbed my boat at marina instead. I headed out past Captains cove staying to the left of the channel. Dropped anchor in 20 ft and quickly landed a clean buck that I kept by 9am. After that lost 3 amidst many nudges and bites. Also caught a bullhead which I haven't seen in years. I only had 3 hours before I had some family stuff so I was happy. A lot more work than the Squamish River thats for sure...

Someone earlier mentioned that they thought these pinks were "soft" biters and I think I agree. I was using. 1/4 blue fox spoon with simulated eggs in pink/red color. My all pink spoons were not getting bites for some reason...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:04:08 PM by Riverboy888 »

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »

The lower fraser is hit and miss pink fishing. It will be almost dead for a few hours at a time, then a school moves by and it's a fish every cast for 30 minutes, then nothing, and repeat.

I believe the higher up the river you move, the better chances you are going to have at finding fish that are holding. Abbotsford is a good area to start; Chilliwack is probably the best fishing the slack waters with a spinning rod almost always has lots of action,  I would say for the next 10-14 days from today you should be into fish in these areas at all times of the day.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

Abbotsford was very slow this morning. Fished an area where there were probably about 30 guys in a very long stretch. Fished from 7am-12pm and I only got one fish. At times their would be a few rollers but never a ton. Other times you could go 30 minutes with not one fish rising. You guys in the Richmond area must have got a good push of fish. Hopefully they make it up this way soon.

Oh and only say 4 other fish landed in those 5 hours!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Riverboy888

« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »

Ill agree that it was for sure hit n miss. From 9-12, I dont think I saw anyone else landing fish on their boat. My buck might have been one of very few in the group of anchored boats in the channel..

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2013, 05:20:43 PM »

Abbotsford was very slow this morning. Fished an area where there were probably about 30 guys in a very long stretch. Fished from 7am-12pm and I only got one fish. At times their would be a few rollers but never a ton. Other times you could go 30 minutes with not one fish rising. You guys in the Richmond area must have got a good push of fish. Hopefully they make it up this way soon.

Oh and only say 4 other fish landed in those 5 hours!

Yeah, it was fairly dead this morning a few km up from the cpr bridge. Fished from around 9-11AM. Only hooked into one pink which I landed and will be BBQ'ing tonight. Tons of sturgeon's jumping though must have counted nearly 10 in that timeframe.

bcleaf

« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »

caught 2 between 3:30 and 4:30 at #3 Road

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »

Maybe you were fishing where I did. I was also a few km's up from the CPR bridge. Also saw several sturgeon jumping.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2013, 06:45:34 PM »

Went out fishing Surrey area between 11am to 1pm.  No bites for me and saw 1 pink and 1 flat fish landed among 8 or so anglers that I can see.  On the way back, talked to a couple of Conservation Officers, one of them mentioning somebody they knew was talking about bumping up the estimate of Fraser Pinks to 40 million!

sumasriver

« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »

Very slow in the Abby / Mission area today.

Saw many many people skunked for the day.

I landed 1, lost one. and 1 other bite. All on the pink croc.

Yesterday there was lots of fish around but today was a different story.

D.Sams

« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2013, 08:32:46 PM »

Went down to Dyke Rd. earlier and managed to land two males from around 4:00-6:00pm.  Lots of fish coming through and rolling.  Great weather, too!

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »

Fished Glen Valley for only about 45 mins this afternoon on my way to work... just before low tide, maybe not the best time, but worth the stop for the break in the day before the desk riding!

Saw only 1 jump, and no hookups between 4 or 5 rods I could see.  there was a kill site with evidence of at least a couple caught there earlier in the day....
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

andrew5

« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »

any word on how new west is as of today?

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »

my old man fished this morning and was into 6 landing half in richmond. i just got back from ladner in the boat and got 3 into the cooler. one of them was a 8lb female, put up a hell of  a fight. the other 2 were runt males. all 3 fish were caught no farther than 15 feet from the boat. one was caught within an arms length from the boat.