Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fishing AND swimming  (Read 20572 times)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Re: fishing AND swimming
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »

Im not sure if you guys are trolls looking for a reaction or just idiots....

Says the Dick Nite...

::) ::)
A rig out of water catches no fish.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »

Im not sure if you guys are trolls looking for a reaction or just idiots....

Really?  I am an idiot for questioning why someone would drive all the way to a quiet, peaceful lake only to make a bunch of noise? Really?

Riiiiiiggght, cuz campfires by a lake and shooting guns can totally be done inside my house... Where do you come up with this stuff?

You really do not get it do you?  My question was WHY have a campfire by a quiet peaceful lake IF you are going to make a bunch of noise?  Why can you not enjoy the quiet peaceful nature of the lake itself...  the haunting call of the loon, the occasional splash of rising trout, or the deep croak of the invasive bullfrog?  My point was that you can make a bunch of noise in your house, you  can even build a fire in your backyard if you do not have a fireplace inside to accompany your raucous singing, and you can just as easily do your firing at the local rifle range.  Your apparent desire to combine booze and firearms in a peaceful and "public" place is not only idiotic, it is likely criminal (CCoC 85(1): Careless use of a firearm).  This I must conclude is your real reason for going to the quiet, peaceful lake to do this, as you cannot discharge a firearm at a range if you are under the influence of alcohol (hmmm, I wonder why that is?).  If you plan on bring firearms with you, I highly recommend you leave the booze at home.  Finally, I personally do not need to wonder where you come up with this stuff, as you have made THAT abundantly clear.  My heart goes out to your eventual children.
Not all those who wander are lost

rickjames_2

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »

Really?  I am an idiot for questioning why someone would drive all the way to a quiet, peaceful lake only to make a bunch of noise? Really?

You really do not get it do you?  My question was WHY have a campfire by a quiet peaceful lake IF you are going to make a bunch of noise?  Why can you not enjoy the quiet peaceful nature of the lake itself...  the haunting call of the loon, the occasional splash of rising trout, or the deep croak of the invasive bullfrog?  My point was that you can make a bunch of noise in your house, you  can even build a fire in your backyard if you do not have a fireplace inside to accompany your raucous singing, and you can just as easily do your firing at the local rifle range.  Your apparent desire to combine booze and firearms in a peaceful and "public" place is not only idiotic, it is likely criminal (CCoC 85(1): Careless use of a firearm).  This I must conclude is your real reason for going to the quiet, peaceful lake to do this, as you cannot discharge a firearm at a range if you are under the influence of alcohol (hmmm, I wonder why that is?).  If you plan on bring firearms with you, I highly recommend you leave the booze at home.  Finally, I personally do not need to wonder where you come up with this stuff, as you have made THAT abundantly clear.  My heart goes out to your eventual children.

Well freaking said!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

bkk

• Good fishing is earned by hard work.
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »

I would recommend cat lake by squamish then....  I went to do some recon there last summer with the wife and when we walked around the lake I was pretty sure we were the oldest people there..... I'm 36

the 'ranger', if that's what you want to call her, said they don't really care about music or partying because the vast majority of campers are young kids who only brought hot dogs and booze.

so other than firing off your weapons it would be a good place to camp and you would be partying with people who are also drunk and high as a mofo....  and they stock the lake too. 

and your front wheel drive car can get there.

Take Cat Lake off of the list as it is now being managed to remove all of the idiots. Lots of young people there as well as families. Nice lake. Most definitely not a spot for gunfire as the forests around the lake are heavily used by dirt bikes, mtn. bikes as well as hikers.

Don't know where I would recommend a lake  like your looking for. Maybe the Barrens in the North West Territories. Nobody to bug there. You can drink, smoke, sing hillbilly songs and shoot your gun off to your hearts content. Don't forget to take out your garbage and shell caseings.

thewilliamswall

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »

sandman- Shooting in the morning before drinking isn't careless use of firearms. If you can read, I clearly said I want to wake up and shoot, THEN drink in the lake in my float tube and party at night in a remote area so as NOT TO disturb many people. I think you are just an old grump with nothing better to do than argue online. You are probably just jealous of the younger generation who are still partying it up with babes in bikinis, guns and rods. You are the old man yelling at the kids for playing hockey in the street cuz you have to wait 10 seconds to move their nets and the guy calling the cops at 10:01pm on a Friday when the neighbors music is still playing. Get a life.

Rodney- if you are the only one at the lake and I show up Im gonna party. Its for the greater good. I can be loud and possibly offend one person or go somewhere crowded and offend many. if you want a private peaceful lake yourself go provincial or private. If you head to the bush you gotta know that if its legal its allowed, you are taking a chance just like everyone else. Did you think that to many music at night is preferable to dirt bikes in the morning? or kids screaming during the day?

That's why I came here originally. We are trying to be considerate by planning ahead and going somewhere that will disrupt fewer people or ideally none at all- if they are there to do the same thing as us.

So for all you cry babies that think I am the devil you should wish that everyone would put in the effort that we are.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:27:31 PM by Admin »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 06:46:58 PM »

Thanks for answering, but if you would like others to understand and empathize the way you roll, you may want to edit your posts.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »

Your only the devil if you have too big of a fire right now. So far can still have a fire though.

http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp

have a good time  :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »

sandman- you are just too dumb for words. Shooting in the morning before drinking isn't careless use of firearms. If you can read, I clearly said I want to wake up and shoot, THEN drink in the lake in my float tube and party at night in a remote area so as NOT TO disturb many people. I think you are just an old grump with nothing better to do than argue online. You are probably just jealous of the younger generation who are still partying it up with babes in bikinis, guns and rods. You are the old man yelling at the kids for playing hockey in the street cuz you have to wait 10 seconds to move their nets and the guy calling the cops at 10:01pm on a Friday when the neighbors music is still playing. Get a life.

Rodney- if you are the only one at the lake and I show up Im gonna party. Its for the greater good. I can be loud and possibly offend one person or go somewhere crowded and offend many. if you want a private peaceful lake yourself go provincial or private. If you head to the bush you gotta know that if its legal its allowed, you are taking a chance just like everyone else. Did you think that to many music at night is preferable to dirt bikes in the morning? or kids screaming during the day?

That's why I came here originally. We are trying to be considerate by planning ahead and going somewhere that will disrupt fewer people or ideally none at all- if they are there to do the same thing as us.

So for all you cry babies that think I am the devil you can go F**K yourselves. You should wish that everyone would put in the effort that we are.

Will, every post you make confirms the quality of human being you are.  I merely asked the question why, but your subsequent tirade and insults proves your worth.  It is laughable that you actually think people are jealous of you and your bikini babes because you have booze and guns. If I wanted to party, I would. Despite what you think, you do not need to be "young" to party all night and shoot guns in the morning and drink in your float tube all day.  I just do not feel the need to disturb the quiet peace of a wilderness lake to do it.  And my advice to leave the booze at home if you are bringing guns stands, or I suppose you are the only person in history who has never done anything foolish while drinking, so there is no chance you, in your drunken folly, might decide shooting the guns at night would be a blast. And I am not the old grump yelling at the kids playing hockey in the street, I am the father playing hockey with them.   Again, I did not come online to argue, I had originally offered you advice, I merely expressed my befuddlement at your desire to seek a quiet lake (and you are not going to find a lake to yourself without a 4x4) only to disturb that very quiet tranquility with loud music.  It was you who chose to argue that it was within your rights to disturb the peace and I can either leave or join the party, which you then followed up with further insults and childish puffery and profane language.  Do not be surprised when you and your bikini babes are beaten In your tents as you sleep by some old grumpy backwoods folk who take exception to your belief that you own the backcountry and can disturb whomever you like.  You attitude is precisely what leads to confrontation in the woods.  People who believe they can do what they like and the rest be damned, usually get what they deserve.

Once more, I will express my appreciation that you are attempting to disturb as few people as possible (again, you will not likely have the lake to yourself without a 4x4 so you will likely disturb someone), but you still have not answered my question why you want to disturb a quiet setting like a lake by making a bunch of noise with anything more than "I am young."  Yes, you sure are.  Your reply to Rod is proof of that. Your reasoning that you will "stay and party" and it is "for the greater good" since you can either stay and disturb one person (Rod) or go somewhere crowded and disturb many people.  It never even occurs to you that there is indeed a third option ... Do not be loud and disturb no one.  But you, in your self centered youth, cannot even comprehend that other option.  Just as your I insistence that I "get a life," reveals that you cannot comprehend that life can indeed be enjoyable without getting drunk and partying all night.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:53:23 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

Stave Lake. It's a shyte hole where you will blend in perfectly with all the drunken tards shooting guns, getting high and thrashing beautiful British Columbia while singing country.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Dryfly22

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »

Wow, are we on Sharp Hooks????

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2013, 10:11:20 PM »

Wow, are we on Sharp Hooks????

only will thinks he is lol... well said sandman. will thinks he deserves respect from others but his attitude just backs up what sandman is pointing out. owned! ;D the fact that he can't make his point without making up insults on those who disagree with him demonstrates his lack of respect on and off line. father material for sure. ::)

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »

Rodney- if you are the only one at the lake and I show up Im gonna party. Its for the greater good. I can be loud and possibly offend one person or go somewhere crowded and offend many. if you want a private peaceful lake yourself go provincial or private. If you head to the bush you gotta know that if its legal its allowed, you are taking a chance just like everyone else.

So for all you cry babies that think I am the devil you should wish that everyone would put in the effort that we are.

Williamswell, I am only going to tell you this once, so read carefully: If my party happens to be the only one at the lake when your troop arrives and starts their bacchanalia, you better turn around and look for another lake. Trust me, there are people among us who are the nicest people in the world if approached nicely and well-behaved. But man, we can be crazy and irrational when our rights to a quiet night in the boonies are threatened. 
We survived civil wars, dude, so I guarantee you we will manage a bunch of immature drunk yahoos with attitude overload.  So pick out your lake carefully to make sure we are not there.
Or better yet: Make sure NOBODY is there.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:26:24 PM by Admin »

jimmywits

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »

If a man cant stay up til 5am in front of a fire, cranking country and singing along at the top of his lungs, then wake up a few hours later and fire off a 100 rounds

After reading this carefully, it plainly says you are discharging weapons when you would still be heavily under the influence of your drugs and alcohol.
What type of weaponry are you discharging 100 rounds from.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:25:39 AM by jimmywits »

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »

Stave Lake.

Bingo. I can name a couple of others but I hear they're trying to clean 'em up; a course of action I happen to support.

BTW, OP you may want to add Rec Sites to your list ("if you want a private peaceful lake yourself go provincial or private"). If you don't know what a rec site is I recommend reading this: http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/about/. Basically, they're remote lakeside spots -- often 2wd accessible -- that you can, at times, be lucky enough to have for yourself. Unfortunately, for you, there ARE rules, and they have to do with respecting: others, the site, wildlife, etc. In other words, these sites aren't the place for you and yours.

I think the real answer here is: buy yourself a few acres, with no one else around for many-a-mile, and build yourself a lake. Don't point those guns straight up and you should be able to partake in your pass time, care free, from there on out.

Take 'er sleazy
A rig out of water catches no fish.