Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hastings Park  (Read 6459 times)

Chuck

Hastings Park
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »

Only found out about this last night.  Has anyone been out there yet?  It seems like you can only fish off of the small dock so might get a bit crowded.

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/695304/urban-fishing-catches-controversy-at-vancouvers-hastings-park/

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Re: Hastings Park
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »

Wtf.  How do you get to it?  I didn't think you could get to it without crossing the track?
see ya on the river

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »

That pond should be made a 16 or 65+ fishing hole. I can just see the crowds now.

Take the T out of Morton.

zap brannigan

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »

the cormorants there rape those fish easily taking 30-40 a day, and theres so many poachers already there guys with 2 rods in the water each and full buckets of fish, fishing has slowed right down there.

StillAqua

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:12 PM »

Ha......it's been a long time since there was a circus on the PNE grounds....should be an interesting one to watch.  :o

Chuck

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 05:26:51 AM »

I checked it out last night.  When I got there, there was a security guard removing a couple from the dock for not having licenses. When they left, one of them told me he was off to trout lake to catch a carp to eat???
Anyway, I had a very peaceful 1.5 hours, not a single bite though.  Lots of passers by expressing their curiosity.  One guy told me that all the fish were jumping the other side of the lake, and said I should ignore the signs and fish where ever i wanted.
I agree, it should be a 16 or 65+ place.  Hopefully there is a daily check for permits and numbers.  I probably won't be going back.

HKSR

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:40 AM »

I went there 2 days after the stocking.  It was nice and quiet then since I think a lot of people didn't know where the location was.  Had a few bites, but didn't land anything.  To be honest, it's a kinda shady spot if you stay late (by shady, I mean there's weird people around there lol).  Had a couple guys approach my friend and I asking odd questions, and they seemed high as a kite, eventually asking for change.  Anyways, not convinced I'd go back there.  Definitely better urban lakes around town to go fishing.

Fillibert

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

They need to make it a bate lake kinda like the bait cars program. Fund extra DFOs that way.