Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Latest On Salmon Confidential  (Read 20946 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
The Latest On Salmon Confidential
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: The Latest On Salmon Confidential
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »

Thanks Chris for posting that.....  interesting responses.

Anonymous blogger: claims wild salmon populations in BC are on a natural boom and bust cycle and because I don’t have a Dr. in front of my name no one should hear me out.

My response: When the CFIA and DFO confiscated the first-ever publicly reported ISA virus positive samples found in BC, they gave them to Mrs. Nelle Gagne for confirmation testing. Mrs. Gagne does not have a Dr. in front of her name and yet she testified at the Cohen Commission to counter to the findings of Dr. Miller, Dr. Kibenge and Dr. Nylund. Her resume submitted to the inquiry states: 1997- PhD. Molecular and cellular biology. Laval University, Québec. Paused after 5 years. Canada is resting their entire opinion on whether ISA virus is in BC or not or not on a scientist who does not have a “Dr.” in front of her name.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »

That Morton has no Dr. Infront of her name has been the gist of the dirty fish pro groups arguement. WTF are they going to do now? Giving up is still better than trying to defend bad farming practices.

Just giving them an honourable out.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »

Another big yawn here ;D  Perhaps Ms. Morton could explain why Chilliwack Lake sockeye have increased exponentially (less than 5k in the 70's to an est 140K last year) during the time of increasing salmon farming in BC?   Mayhaps someone, anyone? attending her Gala Event could ask ...

dnibbles

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »

Because they're American fish. They migrate out through Puget Sound.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »

You would probably get some answers there if you attend. ;D Maybe they even have one of those smoke/confessional lodges to come clean on your part of defending the dirty fish scandle. ;) I for one won't be doing any leg work for the answers you seek, even if I attend the gala. :-X You already know that those fish are coming in from the outside of the island.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »

Morton-Dr has not proven herself before. Trying to explain herself now is a bit late. I am not buying back into her American home made propaganda. No fish farms in Alaska? 1.7 billion salmon farmed each year in Alaska tells a different story. Washington and the west coast of Vancouver Island farms Atlantic's. what way the salmon go out to sea makes no difference.   

dnibbles

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »

You would probably get some answers there if you attend. ;D Maybe they even have one of those smoke/confessional lodges to come clean on your part of defending the dirty fish scandle. ;) I for one won't be doing any leg work for the answers you seek, even if I attend the gala. :-X You already know that those fish are coming in from the outside of the island.

I'll do a little of your leg work. The Chilliwack fish go right through Johnstone Strait and the Discovery Islands, just like all other Fraser sockeye, except the Harrison sockeye. So do South Thompson Chinook, which have also been taking off recently.

I love Twyla's comment re: the doctored testimony "All films require editing, however, the integrity of the testimony was preserved". That's rich. Ask Dr Miller what she thinks about her manipulated testimony and if the integrity was preserved.

What a joke. Time to break this gem back out, in honour of ALMO and Ms. Roscovich's editorial talents. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-fcc5iv2k

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »

Because they're American fish. They migrate out through Puget Sound.
8)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »

Must be tough for the feedlot boys to hear that the website they are getting all their "info" from, doesn't know the facts or is outright twisting the truth.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 08:51:30 PM »

It appears to me that Morton may have eaten to much of Alaska's feedlot salmon. You know, the American propaganda eating farmed salmon IQ report and all. To bad she does not have the media coverage she once had. Must be hard on her losing followers and donations. :(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:12:11 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 09:23:27 PM »

It appears to me that Morton may have eaten to much of Alaska's feedlot salmon. You know, the American propaganda eating farmed salmon IQ report and all. To bad she does not have the media coverage she once had. Must be hard on her losing followers and donations. :(
Money pouring in, thanks for your donations in the past. :D :D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »

Money pouring in, thanks for your donations in the past. :D :D
You are very welcome Chris. Can you link me to any documentation that proves my donations to Morton's cause went to any salmon habitat restoration? Or any info on how much money is pouring in and just where it goes?

dnibbles

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »

Must be tough for the bank boy to hear that the "biologist" he is getting all their "info" from, doesn't know the facts or is outright twisting the truth.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 07:21:48 AM »

Or any info on how much money is pouring in and just where it goes?
Many people want to see the accounting of these various donations Fisherbob.  Wonder why we never do ...  ::)
That's OK though as apparently the money keeps pouring in.  Incredible how naive some people are but explains how that Nigerian dude pays his bills.