Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY! May 30th

(1/5) > >>

JigHead:
Man, after last nite's dream i had to go fishing today at ambleside... everything started well. caught a mid size greenling and 2 english soles... then some dude on a sail boat.... came in close caught my line... and broke my rod then dragged into the water.... i lost everything. *dont worry about the rod* >< i was down, but not out... got my convergence from my car and fired out there... before the sun set... BOOM! the biggest greenling ive ever seen. maybe aleast 2-3 lbs. it was so heavy... it fought its way off the hook once i got it right beside the pier. i was really mad then... then i retied my rig and fired out there.... within 30 sec of casting! KABOOOMMM!!!!!!...... WAM fish on. when i saw the line dangling in the water, i didnt know what it was. then i saw its head/fins at first i thought it was a greenling... then i noticed the short body... AH HA! a quilback rockcod!!!...

2day was everything combine... 1 heck of a fishing trip. im not mad about the money but the thing that really got me... was he pretended to not hear me then trolled my rod out there and tried to do circle back to the sailing place being undetected... sneeking bastard *pardon my language*

DragonSpeed:
Wow - exciting day! :)  What is it with some boaters, and others, that don't understand that fishermen need a bit of SPACE!  if not for the simple fact that the fish need some "privacy", to keep line from getting snagged, and in your extreme case, the rod from being ripped out of your hands :(

JigHead:
it was in the rod holders on the pier... as soon as i reacted... snap! and my rod fell in the water.  meh, my mom is getting me another one from japan this summer when she goes back.  but this guy came in way to close!

but that rod was my #1 greenling set up, then i lost my big greenling so sad :(.

Fish Assassin:
Bet those so-called sailers will beat a hasty retreat when they see a 3 oz buzz bomb fired across their bow ! >:(

otto:
one of the beach anglers last year on the Cap mouth got his rod busted up by a boater in too close. the guy beside him cast a 2 OZ round weight and nailed the boat, right on the dash. i think he shattered the fishfinder on the dash. bit of a heated exchange, with the end result being the watercops showing up, and fining the boater for liquor violations, unsafe boating and some other stuff. the angler got a warning but also got his rod replaced!!! happy endings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version