Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Lower Fraser May 30th

(1/2) > >>

Rodney:
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon fishing near my place. Water clarity is down again from the rain last week, but still sitting at around 10 inches. :-\ I hadn't tried spinning for these bull trout yet this year because freshet started earlier than previous years. Today I thought I would give it a go for 30 minutes or so before outgoing tide. Ten minutes into it, One fish slammed on the copper spinner and immediately peeled the line out fast. It almost felt like pink salmon fishing once again. :D Five minutes later, fish was netted. While getting ready for the photo, I picked the fish up but it slipped out of the hand and went straight into the water! While we thought the fish was lost, I looked closer and found the fish sitting still on the bottom. I proceeded to put my hands out, scooped it up and a couple of photos were snapped before it went back into the water, again. :)

After that fish, one small bull trout was landed, then one larger fish was lost just after hookup as I pulled a bit too hard while it started to kick.

Biggest one so far this year, around 5lb. :)

dead head:
nice looking fish rod ;D

canoe man:
awsome looking fish rod, do you know if they inhabbit the pittmeadows/mapleridge area. id love to cross that species of my list  ;)
cnm

Athezone:
Sure sounds like fun Rod, I'll have to get out there and check it out.

Trout Slayer:
Sure is a great fish!!!!!!!!!! Atleast someone didnt get skunked this weekend :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version