Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minister of Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Marine Harvest to Federal Court  (Read 17442 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

If we want to stop this now, get the feed lots out of the water. Washington, Alaska, Russia, Japan, China. Shut down all salmon hatcheries. Do not eat your wild caught salmon. This dreadfull virus is all over the Pacific in wild fish. Shut every form of fishing down now. :) Wink wink. It would be so nice to see the prophet of doom right for a change, wouldn't it :)  If I had a sport fishing trip booked this summer in BC, I would be on the phone to the company and the lodging to see if there would be a refund. Big bucks lost if she is right. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:28:09 PM by Fisherbob »

Novabonker

• Old Timer

If we want to stop this now, get the feed lots out of the water. Washington, Alaska, Russia, Japan, China. Shut down all salmon hatcheries. Do not eat your wild caught salmon. This dreadfull virus is all over the Pacific in wild fish. Shut every form of fishing down now. :) Wink wink. It would be so nice to see the prophet of doom right for a change, wouldn't it :)  If I had a sport fishing trip booked this summer in BC, I would be on the phone to the company and the lodging to see if there would be a refund. Big bucks lost if she is right. Just my two cents.

Is it possible for Canadians to influence other governments? Not likely, despite your constant buffoonish replies to the contrary. Let's sweep our own doorstep before commenting on the next door neighbour's.
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Is it possible for Canadians to influence other governments? Not likely, despite your constant buffoonish replies to the contrary. Let's sweep our own doorstep before commenting on the next door neighbour's.
Buffoonish is Canadians being so easily influenced by an American and her US funders.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!

fisherbob ur turning into a buffoon ! just sayin

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

fisherbob ur turning into a buffoon ! just sayin
No RJS, I was a buffoon donating to Mortons cause. Can any one tell me what she has gotten right? I only know of one thing so far.

gilbey

No RJS, I was a buffoon donating to Mortons cause. Can any one tell me what she has gotten right? I only know of one thing so far.
Only one thing that I know so far is that your still a buffoon and a good one at that.... :P

Novabonker

• Old Timer

Buffoonish is Canadians being so easily influenced by an American and her US funders.

No - Buffoonish is Canadian taxpayers subsidizing an off shore corporation to the tune of 57 million dollars so they can take their profits out of the country, while cutting funding to wild salmon enhancement and rule enforcement. How long have you worked for the feedlot industry?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

When are you going to stop presuming and start looking out side the small box NB?

Novabonker

• Old Timer

“that salmon farms along the sockeye migration route have the potential to introduce exotic diseases and to exacerbate endemic diseases...” (Chapter 2, p. 22A). “I therefore conclude,” he writes ,“that the potential harm posed to Fraser River sockeye salmon from salmon farms is serious or irreversible” (Ibid.) — a damning finding considering that, in his terminology, “Fraser River sockeye” usually means “all wild salmon”. - Cohen Commission
Peer reviewed and meticulously translated and not the codswallop you constantly post from feedlot sources. Now what was that about a small box? ;)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Key word, "potential". Could, perhaps, maybe, might etc. I prefer to let the registered biologists in BC and Canada do the science.

Novabonker

• Old Timer

Why risk our natural resources for a very minor economic contributor that takes the money out of the country? And why subsidize them and cut funding to other areas like enforcement and enhancement?n Didn't Justice Cohen have a wealth of resources and research by biologists to work with?

( I won't have so much time on my hands to debunk after I get that biceps reattached, enjoy it now)

Dave

• Old Timer

( I won't have so much time on my hands to debunk after I get that biceps reattached, enjoy it now)
Hope you have a fast recovery but don't worry, you've left nothing to debunk :D

Novabonker

• Old Timer

Hope you have a fast recovery but don't worry, you've left nothing to debunk :D

I'm sure you boys can come up with something for me to throw in the frying pan.

BTW Dave- good stuff you're doing with the steel enumerations. I respect and admire the work you put into that.

Lucked out and did my own surgery doc shopping and got the Canucks wizard. On the bright side (I guess) it happened at work so it's quick and I get a few pennies to pay my expenses with. As an owner, I don't have to carry it on myself, but read above posts about precautionary principles. (or principals?) ;D

Dave

• Old Timer

BTW Dave- good stuff you're doing with the steel enumerations. I respect and admire the work you put into that.
Thanks for that Nova, my partners and I appreciate it.
 A few thousand posts ago af said something very wise (well, I think it was af ...), to the effect that we main posters on this issue are reading the same book, just on different pages ... basically we all care for this resource and have our opinions on how it can be salvaged/repaired/recovered.
Some day we pro-farmers hope you guys will catch up, lol! ;)
Say hi to the closest busted up Canuck next to you.