Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minister of Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Marine Harvest to Federal Court  (Read 17443 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Hello

Yesterday, I filed a Notice of Application to take the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans Canada and Marine Harvest to Federal Court to stop them from putting diseased farm salmon into the Fraser sockeye migration route.

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com

Alexandra Morton

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

She's probably using some of Fisherbobs money to do that.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

She's probably using some of Fisherbobs money to do that.
You are most likely right TB. Its going to be interesting to see how much this circus act will cost the Canadian tax payer. Once again money that should have gone to salmon enhancement goes into the lawyers pockets.

Dave

• Old Timer

I really wonder how much money this American born lady has cost Canadian taxpayers? 
And people are still supporting her ... only in Canada could this happen::)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

I really wonder how much money this American born lady has cost Canadian taxpayers? 
And people are still supporting her ... only in Canada could this happen::)

The logical thing would be to focus on how many wild salmon she is saving. It doesn't take a scientist or a biologist to figure out if you put a bunch of sick fish in the water they're going to make a bunch of other fish sick. Sometimes you feedlot boys focus too much on the biology thingy you keep referring to and forget about using common sense.

I'd rather see Morton spend taxpayer dollars on stopping the feedlots from putting sick fish in the water than having my taxpayer dollars being payed to the feedlot companies because the sick fish they put in the water died on them....

But then I'm just applying common sense rather than talking about that biology thingy....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer

You are most likely right TB. Its going to be interesting to see how much this circus act will cost the Canadian tax payer. Once again money that should have gone to salmon enhancement goes into the lawyers pockets.

And 57 million Federal money could have went to enhancement projects instead of the feedlots. What's your point?
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/national/vancouver-island-salmon-farm-accused-of-putting-diseased-fish-in-ocean-pens-1.174114
"However, Backman (feedlot mouthpiece) said there is no evidence that PRV causes HSMI, adding testing is not carried out on farms, as DFO and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency do not have PRV on their lists of reportable diseases."

That's like looking at a person that is choking and not doing anything about it because a doctor hasn't examined the person and declared they are choking....

Sounds like many of the arguments we're hearing from the feedlot boys.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

I will be following this story with interest. My gut feeling on it, it has always been in the pacific and the prophet of doom and her mouthpieces are going to run with what they don't know. Or this may be the first thing Morton has been right on. :) 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

Well your the one who gave her money so she could do this Fisherbob!  :o

Now your just giving money to the fish farmers, which should help you feel more glib if Morton is proved wrong. There's always a rainbow to brighten a rainy day.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

So true TB :). Always look at the brighter side of life. Who wrote that song anyway?