Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Aquaculture  (Read 67912 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Aquaculture
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »

Do I understand this correctly ... Staniford lost and was fined an additional $125k ??

You really need to start reading more than just the feedlot propaganda that you and the feedlot boys seem to have obtained your education from......
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »

You really need to start reading more than just the feedlot propaganda that you and the feedlot boys seem to have obtained your education from......
So, are the comments after the video posted by Chris wrong?  just asking ..

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »

I see the comment I mentioned above, written by a "Kevin Haughton", where he claimed Staniford was found liable and was fined 125K, has been removed. 
If true it would have made my day :)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »

I see the comment I mentioned above, written by a "Kevin Haughton", where he claimed Staniford was found liable and was fined 125K, has been removed. 
If true it would have made my day :)

I'm sure if you keep reading the feedlot propaganda you will find something else which will make your day....  however as you can see, it can't be substantiated.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

The comment sheeple cracked me up. :)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »

http://www.thetelegram.com/Opinion/Columnists/2013-05-28/article-3262045/Facts-are-important-%26mdash-so-let%26rsquos-see-them/1

“The department has identified aquatic animal health information as highly confidential and has implemented policies and security protocols in order to protect this information. …”

The bottom line? The department has flatly refused to release information, even under access law.

How about it feedlot boys.......  when are we going to have a little transparency in your industry? Why all the secrets? What are you hiding?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »

"He didn’t mention that, of course, he was at one point acting minister of fisheries and aquaculture, directly responsible for the conduct of the regulated aquaculture industry, at a time when the provincial government was a crucial equity investment partner in the industry. "

there in lies the rub. His greed by human nature protecting his financial investment over the fact that raising those dirty atlantic salmon there can wipe out the wild atlantic salmon there. Sounds very familiar. ::)

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

I flatly refuse to believe anything that wasn't written in fishfarmnonscience, salmonnfarmnonsense, fishfarmfallicies, feedloturdpolishing, or if it isn't approved by Marty Allen Willing, Keeth Asshferd, or Wisherrob. Or any of their puppets. See Dave- I'm coming around.

What's wrong with you guys? It's not like Justice Cohen penned this:“that salmon farms along the sockeye migration route have the potential to introduce exotic diseases and to exacerbate endemic diseases...” (Chapter 2, p. 22A). “I therefore conclude,” he writes ,“that the potential harm posed to Fraser River sockeye salmon from salmon farms is serious or irreversible” (Ibid.) — a damning finding considering that, in his terminology, “Fraser River sockeye” usually means “all wild salmon”.

He was just kidding!

:o ::)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:12:59 PM by Novabonker »
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2013, 09:24:01 PM »

"potential". Key word that the "virus called fear" works on. Could, possible? Let the people that worked "Their" butts off for the Dr in front of their name publish the studies.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:25:52 PM by Fisherbob »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »

FISHerbawb ON!

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »

You are from the east coast NB. Tell me this. What destroyed your cod and atlantic fishery and what became a result of it? BTW how is your ticker doing? :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:43:13 PM by Fisherbob »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »

Stock mismanagement, poor federal policies and an utter lack of caution and prudence. Just like they're doing out here now.
My ticker is fine, had an angioplasty years ago and made some lifestyle changes - it's my third distal biceps area that's hooped. 2 weeks to go until snip and stitch! ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/salmon-test-negative-for-infectious-salmon-anemia-washington-state-study-finds/article12280263/

Alexmorton1
11:00 AM on May 31, 2013

My quote needs a few more words. ISA virus is in the influenza family and well-known to mutate on an ongoing basis, like all influenza-type viruses. This is why the flu shot from two years ago might not work this year. There are many tests for ISA virus, and one of them is a very precise lock-and-key type called a real time RT - PCR. This works well if you have a known strain of ISA virus, but if ISA virus has mutated in specific regions of its RNA since leaving the Atlantic, this test will reject the new variant and give a false negative. I am glad the US is testing, I hope these tests are accurate, but there IS a varient of ISA virus in BC that needs to be recognized and dealt with ASAP. Stay-tuned, many are working as fast as we can, in the face of obstructive measures, to bring the highest levels of science to this situation. This virus is the greatest salmon-killed known and international protocol demands it be contained.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15