Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309094 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2760 on: November 19, 2017, 05:59:52 PM »

That's it?  No wonder you have been quiet about this ...
I gather the Chilliwack DFO Wild Salmon Policy meeting didn't go as well as you had hoped also. Not to worry Chris, you still have your dreams.
You need to come these events to learn more instead of wasting your time watching
 your team loose, again. ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:48:07 PM by chris gadsden »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #2762 on: November 20, 2017, 07:02:23 AM »

https://www.mccollmagazineonline.com/it-takes-two-to-reconcile.html

I bothers me how the media and activists use the phrase "first nations appose".  At first glance and to any one who isn't thinking critically this phase comes across as if all first nations are united in an opinion or stance however the reality is in our language the plural form of first nation means more than one.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2763 on: November 20, 2017, 08:31:16 AM »

Good article Bob.  This paragraph says it all ...

"It is interesting to note that Alexandra Morton, an American, who benefits from American funding sources, is a lay-biologist who appears to have a particular mission coincidentally supportive of national interests of aquaculture in Alaska, which so happens to come at the expense of Canada's own Indigenous people seeking economic opportunities in the Broughton. Her subterfuge is deeply engrained and highly suspicious to some as a result, and what if it's entirely related to dismantling the potential legacy of economic opportunity in Canada's Pacific coast in favour of American investors in their thriving Alaskan aquaculture industry?"

Finally someone has connected the dots.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2764 on: November 20, 2017, 10:14:01 AM »

Also the footnote on that link sounds direct enough for those that think going closed containment is the only way it should be done.
   "As a footnote to this present foofaraw, Kuterra is a failed business enterprise too heavily burdened by debt to continue operation."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2765 on: November 20, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

Where is SS has he had his fins clipped by the government agencies he works for.
 I told the biologist for FOC that deals with aquaculture about this tread at the meeting last week but did not mention anyone name or who they worked for of course.

When time permits must get some thing up about the meeting, too bad Dave could not find the time to attend so he could report too. :-\

Of course the bio was very pro FF in my opinion. :-X

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2766 on: November 20, 2017, 01:53:58 PM »

Of course the bio was very pro FF in my opinion. :-X
Good to see smart biologists in the Department!
Chris, fwiw, feel free to tell anyone you want how I feel about fish farming.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2767 on: November 20, 2017, 05:52:46 PM »

Good to see smart biologists in the Department!
Chris, fwiw, feel free to tell anyone you want how I feel about fish farming.
You should be telling them yourself, in person.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2768 on: November 20, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »

Good article Bob.  This paragraph says it all ...

"It is interesting to note that Alexandra Morton, an American, who benefits from American funding sources, is a lay-biologist who appears to have a particular mission coincidentally supportive of national interests of aquaculture in Alaska, which so happens to come at the expense of Canada's own Indigenous people seeking economic opportunities in the Broughton. Her subterfuge is deeply engrained and highly suspicious to some as a result, and what if it's entirely related to dismantling the potential legacy of economic opportunity in Canada's Pacific coast in favour of American investors in their thriving Alaskan aquaculture industry?"

Finally someone has connected the dots.

I am not surprised at all the US is know for paying activists millions. Just look at BC LNG. It dragged on mean while a huge number of  terminals got built in Washington state and Alaska. Same thing happening with pipelines ours are getting stalled meanwhile thousands of km or being laid south of the boarder.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2769 on: November 21, 2017, 03:56:17 AM »

I am not surprised at all the US is know for paying activists millions. Just look at BC LNG. It dragged on mean while a huge number of  terminals got built in Washington state and Alaska. Same thing happening with pipelines ours are getting stalled meanwhile thousands of km or being laid south of the boarder.
In all respects, if it was not for activists the planet would be in worse shape than it is.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2770 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »

In all respects, if it was not for activists the planet would be in worse shape than it is.

I guess that depends is the activist is not just a not im my back yard sort of one. What does the planet care if a mine gets built in south america rather then in canada.  At lest in canada there is regulations....

Fish farms are going to get built as long as there is demand for seafood. The question now is who? When and where? and how? regulations?

Respect what you do Chris! you are bring well needed awareness with your carivans 

santefe

« Reply #2771 on: November 21, 2017, 03:49:08 PM »

I don't think there are any operating LNG plants in either Washington or Alaska states.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
http://

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2773 on: November 22, 2017, 10:24:03 AM »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2774 on: November 22, 2017, 01:07:14 PM »

Nor does she but thats normal for Almo ::)