Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309145 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1036 on: October 02, 2014, 09:22:49 AM »

banx

« Reply #1037 on: October 02, 2014, 10:37:22 AM »

that's ridiculous....

you know though,  if these farms were on land the waste water would be ideal for the marijuana.  could help sick people and reduce the amount of waste.  love to see  marine harvest hire marc emery. could be a marriage made in the 'clouds' 

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1038 on: October 02, 2014, 11:30:02 AM »

that's ridiculous....

you know though,  if these farms were on land the waste water would be ideal for the marijuana.  could help sick people and reduce the amount of waste.  love to see  marine harvest hire marc emery. could be a marriage made in the 'clouds'
That is pot for thought Banx. But I think the Chemicals and antibiotics used on land based fish farms/hatcheries would not go over well with pot smokers. Not to mention what "some people think" is in those nasty feed pellets. :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:35:12 AM by Fisherbob »

banx

« Reply #1039 on: October 02, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

That is pot for thought Banx. But I think the Chemicals and antibiotics used on land based fish farms/hatcheries would not go over well with pot smokers. Not to mention what "some people think" is in those nasty feed pellets. :)

a big bag of doritos probably solve those problems.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1040 on: October 02, 2014, 01:44:57 PM »

a big bag of doritos probably solve those problems.
Awesome Banx, thanks for the giggle hehe. Now why do I have a craving? :)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1041 on: October 02, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »

For Bawb and the long winded one who thinks the net penners get fish feed like "manna from heaven" without affecting other fish stocks:

http://www.undercurrentnews.com/2014/02/12/aquaculture-america-blog-us-aquaculture-farmers-missing-out-on-anti-trust-exemption-law/

Feb. 12, 9:21pm: Gulf of Mexico should replicate Alaska hatchery system, professor says

The Gulf of Mexico would benefit from taking a note from Alaska’s playbook, Daniel Benetti, professor and director of aquaculture at the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, told Undercurrent.

“I consider the wild salmon fisheries in Alaska to be perhaps the most successful aquaculture initiative ever developed in the United States,” Benetti said, referring to Alaska’s robust hatchery program, which supplies the fishery with a significant chunk of the fish caught in the wild each year. “I think perhaps we should apply that concept to the Gulf [of Mexico].”

The Gulf could be restocked with red snapper, red drum and any and all other native species to that area.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1042 on: October 02, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »

that's ridiculous....

Yeah, wouldn't that be sweet!! I'm a big fan of Emery ... perhaps he and Almo could work together on this, lol!  Something tells me they have a few things in common  :D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1043 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:31 PM »

For Bawb and the long winded one who thinks the net penners get fish feed like "manna from heaven" without affecting other fish stocks:

http://www.undercurrentnews.com/2014/02/12/aquaculture-america-blog-us-aquaculture-farmers-missing-out-on-anti-trust-exemption-law/

Feb. 12, 9:21pm: Gulf of Mexico should replicate Alaska hatchery system, professor says

The Gulf of Mexico would benefit from taking a note from Alaska’s playbook, Daniel Benetti, professor and director of aquaculture at the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, told Undercurrent.

“I consider the wild salmon fisheries in Alaska to be perhaps the most successful aquaculture initiative ever developed in the United States,” Benetti said, referring to Alaska’s robust hatchery program, which supplies the fishery with a significant chunk of the fish caught in the wild each year. “I think perhaps we should apply that concept to the Gulf [of Mexico].”

The Gulf could be restocked with red snapper, red drum and any and all other native species to that area.
Are you suggesting fish hatcheries are the answer to fish farms ??

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1044 on: October 02, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

Just fanning the flames Dave. ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1045 on: October 02, 2014, 04:16:44 PM »

Just fanning the flames Dave. ;D
Right .. Gadsden is away .. hope he gives you a grouse or two for your work here  ;)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1046 on: October 02, 2014, 05:39:27 PM »

Wow :). A compliment to salmon farmers from Doc Morton?

"Morton said that far from disproving the sea lice theory, rebounding wild salmon stocks can be credited to the changes to aquaculture practices that her research helped promote."
http://www.fishfarmingxpert.com/index.php?page_id=37&article_id=108209
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:42:03 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1047 on: October 02, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »

Wow :). A compliment to salmon farmers from Doc Morton?

"Morton said that far from disproving the sea lice theory, rebounding wild salmon stocks can be credited to the changes to aquaculture practices that her research helped promote."
http://www.fishfarmingxpert.com/index.php?page_id=37&article_id=108209

Bawb you may want to read that again.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1048 on: October 02, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »

Bawb you may want to read that again.
Did you misplace your glasses TB? Or are you reading what you think you want to believe again? For a better idea of your backyard have a look at this vid TB. You just may learn something about the oceans that Doc Morton seems to not know. Starts to get good at 50 minutes. :)
http://youtu.be/38peWm76l-U
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:28:02 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1049 on: October 02, 2014, 09:58:16 PM »

Did you misplace your glasses TB? Or are you reading what you think you want to believe again? For a better idea of your backyard have a look at this vid TB. You just may learn something about the oceans that Doc Morton seems to not know. Starts to get good at 50 minutes. :)
http://youtu.be/38peWm76l-U

Maybe just try to summarize it for me. I don't have time for the vid.
thanks tb