Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1340052 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #690 on: February 07, 2014, 05:43:07 AM »

Nova it's funny you would post that on a thread that has 688 reply's and 22thousand some views.  Even funnier that the thread is called "get your facts straight".  And you really believe that only steve and dave read bawbs post's.  Thanks for the demonstration.

Oooops , sorry I forgot about you being on the cheerleading squad too. I look to see if Bawb (King of independent thought :o)is thinking on his own, instead of posting farmyard waste. Apparently not, as it's all still propaganda from the feedlots. Carry on!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:56:32 AM by Novabonker »
http://

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #691 on: February 07, 2014, 07:33:22 AM »

I don't tend to read either's post as they are rarely more mudslinging and name calling, but bob can lead one to interesting places.  Here is a good read by a fellow environmental historian (he posted that response by dr Marty on his blog), in it he discusses the history of the use (and misuse) of science by both on both sides of the debate over salmon farming and the changing role and use of scientific inquiry to support political, economic and social agendas.
Not all those who wander are lost

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #692 on: February 07, 2014, 04:27:33 PM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #693 on: February 13, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #694 on: February 13, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »

He may have to sell his condom suits to pay his fine.  Just wait for the plea for donations  :)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #695 on: February 13, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »

Apparently Don has a job now....

Stifled in B.C., Staniford said he "had no real choice but to set up shop somewhere else," and he is now working with a private Scottish land owner, taking action against the industry, specifically the Norwegian-owned companies.

"My boss has six salmon farms within 30 kilometres of her salmon river, so the challenge is to move those six farms by 2020 and fight the Scottish government's plans for a 50 per cent expansion of the industry by 2020."

http://www.timescolonist.com/gagged-fish-farm-foe-takes-fight-against-industry-to-scotland-1.769967#

After his boss is stripped clean of whatever money he/she has after being sued to kingdom come Don the parasite will move onto another host.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #698 on: February 20, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »

http://www.alaskasalmonranching.com/sweetspring-salmon-calls-for-investors-to-keep-afloat-part-3-of-4/

"This site is downright eerie. Anonymous voices, appearing to advocate managing for “ranched” fish over wild fish, claiming that “at Thanksgiving, no one cares…” whether a turkey is wild, farmed or ranched–and, by extension that no one cares whether our salmon are ranched, farmed or wild? Yikes. I agree with those who observe that the lack of transparency on this site is disturbing and ultimately discrediting. As far as “no one caring…” My wife and I care. Many others do as well"

well fishfarmen posten varmen bawb likes their crap ;)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

sim

« Reply #701 on: February 21, 2014, 11:03:11 AM »

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/foreign-terror-funding-cut-off-from-canada/3193713051001

Come on... Ezra Levant... please.... that guy keeps being condemned and keeps issuing retraction and apology for his statements.

I like this one:
"Justice Robert Smith ruled that Levant 'spoke in reckless disregard of the truth and for an ulterior purpose of denormalizing the Human Rights Commission across Canada which makes his statements malicious in that sense."
Gives you an idea of Levant's sense of ethics... By the way, if you did not know, Levant wrote the book "ethical oils"....
like catching, love releasing

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #702 on: February 21, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #703 on: February 21, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »

Come on... Ezra Levant... please.... that guy keeps being condemned and keeps issuing retraction and apology for his statements.

At least he does retractions where retractions are due. 

I think Rick Mercer makes some good points on ezra here in his rant back in 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiYVo86j0tA
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:04:44 PM by aquapaloosa »
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.