Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1309485 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2013, 08:12:08 AM »

People such as yourself are small players in the realm of factual information, but mighty large in the arena of delusion.

Well to amuse my small brain I decided to see who the big brain people who give us the low down from one of Fibfarmerbobs sources.
-------------------------------------------------------
Positive Aquaculture Awareness Executive

President: Cory Percevault

Vice President: Leanne Brunt

Secretary/Treasurer: Blair Billard

Education: Kevin Onclin, Tom Skillman
--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.salespider.com/b-127377576/noboco-styro-containers-ltd

--------------------------------------------------------

So one of the exclusive members of the Aquaculture Delusional Executive works for a company that sells those enviromentally friendly styrofoam containers to the dirty fish group. Guess which one Shteve? I could go on providing links to the fish pharmacutical compamies but why bother. Your already living in a certain reality and would not appreciate the effort. Bon apetit eating them dirty fish off a styrofoam plate. ;)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »

Dave

• Old Timer

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »

Doesn't work for me ..

Me neither, but then it's probably just as well.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2013, 11:21:36 AM »

Weird format.  Basically didn't work for me either.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »

Darn. >:( I was so looking forward to another of Farmfisherbawb's  always (dis)interesting and (un)informative links. They're always like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day, a warm jacket on a cold windy day. The cream in my coffee. The topping on my sundae. ;) :o ::)
http://

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »

Worked fine on my iPhone
Not all those who wander are lost

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #457 on: October 25, 2013, 10:02:12 AM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #458 on: October 25, 2013, 10:09:26 AM »

No fish farming in Alaska???? Too funny. Scroll down for 2 more good write ups :)

http://alaskasalmonranching.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:13:35 AM by Fisherbob »

banx

« Reply #459 on: October 25, 2013, 12:21:17 PM »

that was interesting.

This was my favourite part though...  page 115

"the industry to grow into an eco-
nomically and socially vibrant part of the
British Columbia landscape, all culminat-
ing with BC farmed salmon internation-
ally recognized as a naturally healthy and
environmentally responsible product that
adheres to global standards for quality
and sustainability. That recognition has
been largely supported through the ef-
forts of BCSFA and what Walling affirms
as “Communications, communications,
communications!”

BCSFA Executive Director Mary Ellen Walling

communications communications communications.... straight from the horses mouth.  insert public relations, public relation, public relations.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #460 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »

yeah - Some "business" authority ya link to there Farmfisherbawb. Would you like some background info on how the creeps at one of the business's that they're shilling in that rag went after a single mom trying to make a living and damn near broke her with a slap suit? I know this business like the back of my hand - I've been in it for over 30 years./ There's some many lies flying off that page, it looks like a Senate meeting.They claimed patent infringement until court time. Then they dropped the suit against my friend. That particular article is so full of outright BS, it smells like a dead white spring. More rubbish - but I've come to expect nothing less. ::)

At the very least Son, try a credible source.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:01:04 PM by Novabonker »

banx

« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »

this made me smile this morning

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftidescanada.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Ffiles%2Fsalmon%2Fworkshop-may-2012%2FD1-1_Progress_Update_on_Two_Atlantic_Salmon_Grow-out_trials_in_Freshwater_Closed_Containment_Systems.pdf&ei=X91vUtGcA-f7igKps4GwDg&usg=AFQjCNHXF_xUleyIB7Lk2YLAONQM_p4goQ&bvm=bv.55123115,d.cGE

kind of like to see it go this way.  don't need smoke and mirrors, or "communications sites" on both sides of the fence..... pages 13 and 14 specifically.

I'm almost done the cohen commission report as well.  Glad to see our government as well as the farms acting on the recommendations so quickly.  I mean in a year they have accomplished...... zero.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #462 on: October 29, 2013, 09:27:23 AM »

I'm almost done the cohen commission report as well.  Glad to see our government as well as the farms acting on the recommendations so quickly.  I mean in a year they have accomplished...... zero.
Not so.  Since Cohen there has been a moratorium on new salmon farms, and a huge sampling program of wild and farmed fish has been initiated.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »

Not so.  Since Cohen there has been a moratorium on new salmon farms, and a huge sampling program of wild and farmed fish has been initiated.

And little else?

http://www.cknw.com/2013/10/30/environmental-groups-says-follow-through-lacking-on-sa/

It was supposed to be a blueprint for mapping out the protection of dwindling Fraser River salmon stocks, but a year after the 26-million dollar Cohen report was released, stakeholders are not convinced that mandate is being met.

Craig Orr with the Watershed Watch Salmon Society says 14 deadlines included in the 75 recommendations have now lapsed.

He says, “That’s really not cutting it, for most people right now, because there are specific recommendations; they need a specific implementation plan, a specific time-line for implementing the recommendations, and if they committed to that, I think that would be a great outcome. If you’ve got that, please call me right away.”

Two key issues remain, ongoing threats presented by farmed salmon and the need to protect habitats.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #464 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »

And little else?
These two responses to recommendations were the easiest and cheapest.  Salmon farming had no plans to expand in the area so expediting that recommendation was a no brainer.  The second, a comprehensive disease screening process was going to happen anyway as the science, techniques and protocols have been evolving for a while now but perhaps was pushed a bit by this 26M (you pick the word).
The hard ones to implement, the things that really impact Pacific salmon ... over fishing, climate change resulting in warmer water and changing hydrograghs , ocean acidification, habitat loss, pollution,  blah, blah, will get lip service only because basically there are not enough people in this world with the mindset to repair the mess we have created.
As a stop gap to this gloom ;) ;) think of what that 26M could have done for wild salmonid habitat on a few west coast watersheds...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:23:27 PM by Dave »