Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1308918 times)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

My feeling is this,

It's too bad we have to put up with her BS antics and squabble all the time, sure if there is something "proven" then by all means she has a right to say something about it, just like everybody else does, but to start making accusations about this and that all the time without the factual proof then that's where the problem lies with her. As far as I know there has been nothing proven as to how these herring got this virus from a fish farm, therefor why does she feed the press ? Doesn't she know that this kind of thing works against her in the big picture ? She needs to get out of the small frame and see the stupidity of these false statements. Until you know the entire truthful facts, then shut your hole and quit looking for crumbs.

I don't much care for fish farms as much as the next guy/gal but this Morton broad ?/  personally I can't stand her myself, she kinda reminds me of a sh!tty politician, she keeps hanging around but never ever wins the election, no matter how much Bs she feeds everyone.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »

My feeling is this,

It's too bad we have to put up with her BS antics and squabble all the time, sure if there is something "proven" then by all means she has a right to say something about it, just like everybody else does, but to start making accusations about this and that all the time without the factual proof then that's where the problem lies with her. As far as I know there has been nothing proven as to how these herring got this virus from a fish farm, therefor why does she feed the press ? Doesn't she know that this kind of thing works against her in the big picture ? She needs to get out of the small frame and see the stupidity of these false statements. Until you know the entire truthful facts, then shut your hole and quit looking for crumbs.

I don't much care for fish farms as much as the next guy/gal but this Morton broad ?/  personally I can't stand her myself, she kinda reminds me of a sh!tty politician, she keeps hanging around but never ever wins the election, no matter how much Bs she feeds everyone.

If I understand you correctly you seem to be suggesting that no one should say anything unless they have conclusive proof.....   Usually when there is conclusive proof it's already to late. When dealing with wild salmon stocks shouldn't the precautionary principle be applied?

You know the saying "Where there's smoke there is fire..." If we wait till we see the fire before talking about it or better yet doing something about it the damage may be irreversible.

Morton is close enough to the situation, committed and concerned enough to be hollering "fire". DFO on the other hand is sitting there saying "There is no fire, now let's come up with a PR plan to convince the public that there is no fire".
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »

If I understand you correctly you seem to be suggesting that no one should say anything unless they have conclusive proof.....   Usually when there is conclusive proof it's already to late. When dealing with wild salmon stocks shouldn't the precautionary principle be applied?

You know the saying "Where there's smoke there is fire..." If we wait till we see the fire before talking about it or better yet doing something about it the damage may be irreversible.

Morton is close enough to the situation, committed and concerned enough to be hollering "fire". DFO on the other hand is sitting there saying "There is no fire, now let's come up with a PR plan to convince the public that there is no fire".
And many feel those that work for governments are being conrolled in what they say. There is a number of media articles that have reported that.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »

And many feel those that work for governments are being conrolled in what they say. There is a number of media articles that have reported that.

Many feel that those that follow Morton are being controlled in what they say and what they read.  There are a number of media articles that feature Morton's opinion that do not report the whole story.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:10 AM »

Many feel that those that follow Morton are being controlled in what they say and what they read.  There are a number of media articles that feature Morton's opinion that do not report the whole story.
Thats newspapers for you. ;D

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #335 on: August 14, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »

No kidding. Read PravdaFarmfisherbawb's links and posts.....
http://

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »

I seriously doubt that netpenbob owns a fishing rod. ;D Judging by his non posts on anything else but Morton and his cash cow gift to her.

He could be called part of the problem for people who don't like to hear from Morton. Now like a reformed smoker he's all over her. Constantly reminding us about her with links to other sites with stories about her.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2013, 07:35:26 AM »

I seriously doubt that netpenbob owns a fishing rod. ;D Judging by his non posts on anything else but Morton and his cash cow gift to her.

He could be called part of the problem for people who don't like to hear from Morton. Now like a reformed smoker he's all over her. Constantly reminding us about her with links to other sites with stories about her.
When you get angry when some one on the internet posts information that is outside your little box,,, pay attention, you are about to learn something TB. :)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2013, 07:25:14 AM »

www,farmfisherbawbsboguslinksandselfservingpropaganda.com

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »

www,farmfisherbawbsboguslinksandselfservingpropaganda.com

Yup great link even has Bawb showering sea lice off his bawd. Thank bob the link is censored.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »

I doubt you'll read this farmfisherbawb, but give it a whirl.....(and I trust these people a lot more than the self back patting crap you post)

http://www.watershed-watch.org/issues/salmon-farming/updates/

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »

I doubt you'll read this farmfisherbawb, but give it a whirl.....(and I trust these people a lot more than the self back patting crap you post)

http://www.watershed-watch.org/issues/salmon-farming/updates/
Thanks but I have already donated to that type of site before. I would have to be Bonkers to continue to donate to that bug hunters gone wild doom and gloom we want your money crap again. :)
Btw Bonkers, better let you class mates at WW they need to step it up. :)
http://www.globalsalmoninitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/GSI-Press-Release-FINAL1.pdf
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:26:12 AM by Fisherbob »